Forums

LF Non-Chin ROTS Team Thread is locked

Quick find code: 194-195-958-66156853

Sereg

Sereg

Posts: 9,292 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the title says, I am interested in finding any ROTS teams that do not require mechanical chinchompas.

Post or PM.

Thanks.

Edit: In general, I am looking for a team with significantly less elitist gear requirements than the teachingrots FC. While the concept is good, the execution appears aimed at players who are already high tier PVMers who simply haven't had exposure to ROTS, which I am not - I have done ROTS before(albeit a long time before), but do not have anywhere near the gear requirements they list.
Carve our dreams in sanguine stone/Strength corporeal and of mind
Walls of our flesh, bricks of our bone/Deadly intent to defend our kind

29-Apr-2020 18:13:52 - Last edited on 29-Apr-2020 18:54:20 by Sereg

Sereg

Sereg

The problem isn't necessarily the chins - rather, it's the generally elitist attitude about gear and abilities that I've seen specifically for this boss. I've found several teams for most other bosses with relatively relaxed gear requirements, but none of them do ROTS, and even the FC that bills itself as the learning, or teaching, FC for this boss has astronomically high requirements.

In the past, I've done ROTS with lower tier ranged gear than I currently have, with a team that consisted of myself, and three players who all used Legacy. If we could manage it like that, I don't see why a team of 4 EoC players, with moderately high end gear, couldn't also consistently get kills.

I don't care about efficiency. I am a self-enforced ironman - my account is too old to be an actual ironman, but I very much prefer to acquire all my gear and skilling supplies and pretty much everything I can on my own. I'm interested in ROTS because I'll eventually need the drops to upgrade my melee armor to t92, and to create the new t92 spear.

This also means I can't(or rather, won't) simply buy the chins - it isn't an insurmountable problem to make them myself, but really, any team that requires them is unlikely to be much more relaxed on any other aspect of the setup. And while I can get the chins, most of the gear that's required in TeachingRots, much less the recommended stuff, is insanely difficult to achieve as an ironman.

So I suppose what I'm really looking for is a relaxed ROTS team, rather than every other team I've been able to find which is apparently focused on nothing but maximizing efficiency.

30-Apr-2020 13:14:24

Sereg

Sereg

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Edit: That was unproductive - it sounds like there's some restriction stopping ironman accounts from even entering PvM with non-ironman accounts, at least according to the reactions I received in both of those channels.

01-May-2020 12:32:17 - Last edited on 01-May-2020 13:01:22 by Sereg

Sereg

Sereg

Thanks e t h, really appreciate the chance to go with your clan team. Got enough energies for 2 essences already, very good start toward my goal.

08-May-2020 02:31:38

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,607 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Locking this as it's an old thread that got gravebumped.
@OP, feel free to remake this if you still need help.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

15-Feb-2022 17:30:51

Quick find code: 194-195-958-66156853 Back to Top