Forums

Multiplayer Agility Course

Quick find code: 185-186-370-66282092

Krazlevi

Krazlevi

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Reader,

A fall guys-esque multiplayer minigame/agility course would sound amazing to me. I helps alleviate the repetitive nature of the skill. It enables interaction and replayability by making it competitive. I think it would be a great addition to the skill.

Let me know what you think!

18-Jun-2023 17:06:01

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think we should be able to train agility by other means than running around on a course. It gets old pretty fast. Some multiplayer minigame would be a good thing.

And using silverhawk boots is just cheating.

19-Jun-2023 00:57:11

PiraBob

PiraBob

Posts: 37,493 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in the old days, it was a lot more of a multiplayer skill where you could chat with other players and race them on the same course. It was quite fun to get to know new people and stuff on courses like Brimhaven and Ape Atoll. But Jagex slowly turned this game into afk scape and introduced training methods that go against this, like those pillars in Prif that are awful exp even if you pay attention and whose only appeal is that they are afk. The Hefin agility course also goes against the racing portion that used to be there, with you being unable to see the other players properly as it's programmed on different floors, and the random shortcuts being essentially cheats that ruin a race because they spawn uniquely per player. Hefin also hates the music player, it denies players control over the music player while they're traversing obstacles (like why?). The Anachronia course is slightly better but way too big to really get to know other people. Bob

19-Jun-2023 16:24:15

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RS3 hasn't done too well in recent years with group enforced content ... especially for training.
Look at the state of minigames.
Look at Sinkholes.

Barbarian assault is probably one of the fastest ways to passively train firemaking (do lots of Wave 9 and 10, get Firemaking bonus XP and then actually burn stuff). Yet even then it is not played as frequently.

It would need to be like a 1m/hr xp training method to get people to do it.
Then ofc, a new method comes along, and it falls to the wayside.

01-Jul-2023 01:11:14

Quick find code: 185-186-370-66282092 Back to Top