Forums

Underground Pass

Quick find code: 181-182-9-66233266

Teff112

Teff112

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there!

I wanted to write this post to really compliment the Underground Pass quest. I play on the Old School version myself so I am not familiar to how it plays out and looks in RS3, but man was that a cool quest. Few annoying things were there but it also made it more difficult and dangerous.

First of all, the difficulty of the quests isn't in killing monsters but in passing the agility and kind of preparing yourself correctly. I always do quests with a guide as I usually keep forgetting mid quest all the details and it's good to have all the stuff with me already when I begin. I did read that food was recommended but I should have taken so much more with me :D For example trying to figure out the correct way to go over the grid and then later risking and waiting for health to regen when running past the traps in the walls. It took some time as I didn't have that much food with me.

The whole theme of the quest is really cool. The time you need to invest in it never seems that it is pointless running around. The idea that you're getting stuff whispered in your ear, your guide is going insane slowly and that there is an evil lord ruling over the cave system with some people like the dwarves that are stuck living there. The way the whispers were written were very good I must say, I always read the chat and it really immersed me in how dangerous the place is. Also the music for it really helps to keep up with the evilness of it. Maybe not even so much of evilness, but the lack of remorse for the player and anyone. There really isn't any specific emotion portrayed but the feeling of danger.

The only thing I maybe wasn't as happy about was the ending. Tripped a few times on the jumping obstacles but nothing too serious, made me even more invested in it and kind of not very certain what the end boss would be like(I don't read the guides forward in time). The boss was too easily defeated as there wasn't like a direct combat and I just kind of tanked the bolts.
The Grumpy Estonian

22-Oct-2021 14:52:45 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2021 14:59:19 by Teff112

Teff112

Teff112

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd also add, as the characters ran out on the first post, that it kind of surprised me that squashing unicorns with a bolder was in game and how much gore it actually had :D It was very surprising to me at first but man was I glad. It really added to the theme of no forgiveness or remorse to anyone. It made if very morally ambigious as there wasn't like a literal bad guy like in Demon Slayer for example. Killing paladins who were there to fight against evil was also the part where you kind of are shown that you're not so different from the demon itself.

Anyway, thanks for your time for reading this post and stuff, I hope I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it.
The Grumpy Estonian

22-Oct-2021 14:54:31 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2021 14:58:29 by Teff112

Green Mage
Aug Member 2021

Green Mage

Posts: 1,361 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I too enjoyed this quest. It has been 5 years since I have done it, but it remains a good memory of a quest that was hard but rewarding and rich in detail.
´¨)
¸.
´
(¸.
* Green Mage ;) ~ Bringing the GREEN to Runescape since 2010

23-Oct-2021 10:02:23

Yukkor
Nov Member 2022

Yukkor

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm stuck on this quest; I got to throw the rope across the first time, and accidentally went through the pipe. Now I can't throw another rope or get back across.
I've tried server hoping and teleporting all over the map to try maybe reseting the area, but still says I can't reach that. Any ideas on what to do?

05-Feb-2023 18:38:56

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yukkor said :
I'm stuck on this quest; I got to throw the rope across the first time, and accidentally went through the pipe. Now I can't throw another rope or get back across.
I've tried server hoping and teleporting all over the map to try maybe reseting the area, but still says I can't reach that. Any ideas on what to do?

You would need to make a New Thread in the RuneScape Guides and Help or if needed in the General Chat section.

Can't help here.

Maybe teleport out and go back in. Other then that I'm lost as it's 17-18 years since I did that quest. Watch out the the HUGE spider. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

06-Feb-2023 12:35:21

Calaeria
Aug Member 2008

Calaeria

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed this quest too, around 16 years ago I did it.

I liked the lonely and creepy atmosphere. Although just sat at my computer lol, it made me feel like I was miles away from civilisation.
I had to drop loads of my food though! When I decided to do the quest I happened to have both 68 Agility and Thieving. I did not fail a single obstacle throughout! And that grid puzzle, for me it was one straight line across, got it right the first try, couldn't believe it.
I actually kinda regretted having those two levels that high because they probably made the quest too easy. I still enjoyed it however due the atmosphere and what OP talked about.

One of my favourite rs moments was right at the end when I exited the Pass and found myself in/saw pretty Tirannwn for the first time. This was reinforced by the song Elven Mist that played-which became a fave song of mine.

I believe I completed Legends' Quest straight after. So it was just an enjoyable few days that I remember fondly.
@
CalaeriaRS

<3 the RS Music

18-Jan-2024 02:00:23

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Posts: 15,486 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How dare you!

Joke. I HATED that quest when I did it. In retrospect it's one of my favorite quests in the game. I did it in 2005 with like 30 something agility. Boy was that an adventure...
Casual legacy trash of 20 years in RS, writer of Skyrook Gorge (and other books) irl

Should the forums truly go; almost anyone from here is free to add me in-game.

18-Jan-2024 07:14:29

Quick find code: 181-182-9-66233266 Back to Top