Forums

Grand Exchange is bad design Thread is locked

Quick find code: 181-182-679-66291284

GodOfGodss
Oct Member 2023

GodOfGodss

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the fact that people can literally crash the price and there's nothing you can do about it is kind of stupid, like it just ruins the game for everybody and everyone is doing it which is why we're seeing mass market crashes beside the items too profitable to really crash as it would take a whale to do so, items should be sold dependent on who sold the item first, this would allow for certain wavelengths of items to be sold for a higher price which would allow more frequent price increase on all items for those willing to wait rather than just being undercut by 1 dude and having the whole item crash because 15 dudes are all undercutting each other by hundreds of GP each.

This would effectively destroy market manipulators/flippers and ensure a healthy marketplace, this would in turn boost player morale as they will be making more GP/hr and having more FUN/hr thus giving more players more incentive to spend IRL money on the game, typically gamers will spend money on a game they're having fun with oppose to a game where they have no fun and get no drops with mass grind, the way it is right now is horrible for all players across the board including those just trying to make a decent profit who's quite literally putting in 12x the amount of effort all the other players are putting in.

Again I'm running 12 alts 12 hours a day and struggle to make bonds for each of them because people keep undercutting and lowering the price of items and it doesn't matter which item I look to farm they're all being undercut and crashed and the higher tier stuff takes too long to farm making both methods effectively ineffective, if you made people buy from the first offer put into the grand exchange it would allow for more growth oppose to just everyone undercutting and ruining every money making method in the game it really does suck.

02-Dec-2023 03:59:11 - Last edited on 02-Dec-2023 04:04:58 by GodOfGodss

GodOfGodss
Oct Member 2023

GodOfGodss

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I put items in for higher GP but everyone keeps undercutting making my money making methods effectively useless because if I sell for less which I have too I'm no longer making a profit and if I sell for more nobody is buying because everyone is undercutting causing mass crashes across the board and not for high level stuff like FsoA because again you have to be a whale to crash that but for low level items they're just constantly crashing the item for no reason.

If everyone keeps selling low the price will never rise so buying low selling high doesn't really work in that scenario and that's really what's been going on this whole time, Grand Exchange is in serious need of an overhaul and I think it's long overdue with how many price crashes we've witnessed especially over the last 2 years, all you have to do is look at the Grand Exchange Data to see what's really been going on, I've seen too many prices be 1000gp over what they currently are now, crash, only to never rise to that level again, so this myth of buy low sell high just doesn't add up.

I get the Grand Exchange was designed this way and it was a cool idea at first but because the unintended mass crashing of items across the board has become so apparent especially over these last 2 years, that an overhaul is warranted and the only way to fix this is to have a specific item put on the market sold first, so first come first serve basically and up to a certain point obviously, like if someone has 10 million items you don't want them selling the product forever at 10m per item effectively destroying the item, it should be limited to 50k per Grand Exchange offer so that way there is flexibility in the market and it limits one person controlling the whole market, there just needs to be some balance that's all.

02-Dec-2023 04:08:46 - Last edited on 02-Dec-2023 04:15:22 by GodOfGodss

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,599 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thread closed as a duplicate.

You already got a thread open complaining about the GE and another complaining about other players crashing prices. One thread one each topic is enough. More than one is spam.

Also, this forum is for "compliments' not "complaints".
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

02-Dec-2023 06:36:07

Quick find code: 181-182-679-66291284 Back to Top