Forums

Thanks for everything.

Quick find code: 181-182-624-66146111

Prof Weed

Prof Weed

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape has been part of my life for me all the way back since the start. I would play at elementary school (10-12 years old) with my friends, fighting hill giants for the big bones, only to buy that new beloved set or piece of armour. Rune armour was the goal, free2play and it was a blast. Not doing things efficiently ofcourse but that also had something fun since there was so much to Explore.

I fell in love with the game, and played daily. Finally i made it, my rune armour. I remember how it felt like equiping that rune set for the first time =) after i did dragon slayer (which was a real long quest for 12 year old me) i was ready to wear that platebody. Man it felt good. After all content in free2play was done it was time to move up the ante and become a member. I bought my first membership through a rs card.

Now i could finally pass that gate near falador, and boy what a change it was. I was overwhelmed by the content, the new skills, monsters, quests and gear. Since then i played for years and i am still loving everything about it. When EOC came i did play it, but my heart belongs to the oldschool rs. That song from tutorial island goes right into the knees everytime. So much memories!

Seeing new players make me think back to the moment i was killing those goblins and wondering where to go next. Why this story? Since OSRS got me through many boring nights and days, it was and still is my favourite game.

I want to thank every moderator, forum moderator, developer and all players for making this community as wonderfull as possible. Thanks for taking the time you do to improve the game. The updates has been amazing. Together we make this the game we all love.

Lets spread the love! Cheers,
I might not know all answers, but i am happy when i can help out :)

07-Mar-2020 12:59:41 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2020 13:01:58 by Prof Weed

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love this game more every year also.

Glad to see people who still have a love and passion for Runescape (no matter
which version you play).
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

08-Mar-2020 04:36:53

Maks Cape
Jan Member 2020

Maks Cape

Posts: 1,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Love the story Prof and I can also relate to it! RuneScape has also been a big part of my life ever since I was younger. I remember when I first started playing back in the day, me and my friends would talk about it in every class. We'd meet up back home and play for a few hours before we slept for school the next day. I'd also call my friends and talk to them for hours about it and the gains we'd make or be making. No efficiency at all, just exploring the RuneScape world and having a blast as we step into the unknown. I also bought my first membership through a RS card, the memories haha! Finally seeing what's behind those gates near Falador and thinking, wow, I really made it this far, huh? Nothing will beat the nostalgia I feel when playing this game. But yes, I hope every new player in Lumbridge starts off on a bright path and falls in love with the game like we did. Thanks to everyone at Jagex for keeping the game going and making it amazing with each and every update. The community is what makes this game so good and first class and without you guys we'd be nothing.

Thank you,
Maks

14-Mar-2020 10:15:17 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2020 10:15:45 by Maks Cape

No Face OSRS
Dec Member 2023

No Face OSRS

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yep i use to play when i was in primary school. now im 25 and came back since finding it on mobile app store and now transferred to pc and playing everyday. its great. time goes fast and met a bunch of new people from playing again. The Tipsy Sniper. Feel Free to add me as a friend and play some time..

16-Mar-2020 01:01:33

Quick find code: 181-182-624-66146111 Back to Top