Forums

Returned after 4-ish years.

Quick find code: 181-182-616-66193507

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the covid pandemic I've been catching up on my massive backlog of games since I'm spending more time at home (I have a problem with buying games and never playing them). I've still followed RS-related news on and off, though not as intricately as I once did.

I left RuneScape not long after Sliske's Endgame released. I was approaching comp, and was just getting burned out. It felt like a chore logging in rather than enjoying the game for being a game. I had been an active player for many years, starting back in the RS Classic days and regularly playing since then.

Looking through my RS-related Twitter feed, reading the wiki, and reddit, I had a strong urge to play again. I bit the bullet and decided to start playing again.

There's been quite a few developments over the last few years, particularly in the combat meta and with some massive skilling updates. Things like archeology, Anachronia, the Mining/Smithing rework, etc. have been absolutely fantastic. I have a renewed interest in the game, both in picking up where I left off and trying everything new. For the first time in many years, I feel like a noob again...and it's the best feeling I've experienced on this game in a long time. I'm finding monumental enjoyment in all the newer content, and the smaller aspects of the game - the environments, the music (there's been so much great music released in the last few years), the lore, etc.

So, thank you. I'm happy to be playing again, and happy enough that I purchased gold premier club.
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

14-Dec-2020 01:40:39

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome back. :)

Enjoy the new environments, they sure are stunning. Best of luck on completionist if you are feeling for it again! :P
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

14-Dec-2020 03:21:29

Quick find code: 181-182-616-66193507 Back to Top