Forums

Thank you, Jagex and RS!

Quick find code: 181-182-552-66191070

Not A Butler

Not A Butler

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(Not sure if in the right place - Forum Mods, please help me out here - thank you!)

Dear Jagex and the RuneScape community,

More than 10 years ago I was easily the target of many bullying attempts in a school where the richer you were, the more respect you got from the community as a whole. In fact, I was introduced to RS by someone who bullied me mercilessly - and subsequently got bullied for the way I played as well. However, it was in RS that I learnt that there were nice people in the world and made some of my best friends through the game.

My inclination towards RS has been widely misunderstood by many people, including my own parents, who thought it was taking me away from what really mattered (it didn't - I did most of my learning on RS, more than I did in school itself). However, through RS, I learnt about managing my money, navigating, having patience to solve puzzles and that hard work and determination would pay off eventually in the end.

This has stayed with me for a lot of my adult life thus far, and I am now living my life and dream in the skies (flying aeroplanes). I learnt to understand coordinates through RuneScape clue scrolls. I've easily become so much better at Maths, which is helpful in my career (in some ways), and I've grown from becoming a scared and confused person to becoming determined and consistent in all that I do.

Thank you for being part of the reason why I'm living my life in the skies today. Thank you for being the silent encouragement I never had.

I'm truly, truly proud to be a part of the RS community, and I hope the enthusiasm here never dies.

- From a grateful pilot (who's named after some emergency).
"Cleared to land, Runway 02."
Aviator Since The Light Of Day

27-Nov-2020 13:02:22

Quick find code: 181-182-552-66191070 Back to Top