Forums

RS Upgrades

Quick find code: 181-182-31-66260224

questChomp

questChomp

Posts: 297 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RS is becoming more than a combat-centric game.

Notes to the concerned:
--don't want to leave any potential friendship(s) suspended and directionless;
I'll be on OSRS' Discord until the end, and will play some RS when I retire;
I'm going to assume if we needed anything from each other, we'd find a way to reach out;

...amid all the fighting:
sometimes you have to let people live their lives the way they want to,
BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't
encourage them,
by 'steering' their behavior in a healthier direction
--subjective judgment at play here, of course.

...anyways, cheers, and stay friendly good souls.

15-Aug-2022 03:42:35

FastFerret8
Nov Member 2020

FastFerret8

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last week, I was inspired to let loose with both barrels in Rants over some of the perhaps unintended consequences of recent and proposed changes to the game and to the delivery of service.

I have enjoyed RS since I started fifteen years ago. I still do and now that I am semi-retired IRL due to long Covid, I have more time to play. BUT, what I most enjoy doing in RS is skilling and selling the produce. I would like to pass on a couple of suggestions that MIGHT be of use in attracting more fighters and hopefully help keep some of the more long time players from retiring.

How about consolidating all of your special 'bossing' abilities into a new elite skill? Most of the players that I see from day to day have combat levels in the 130s. Many are wearing Max Capes. I believe that you could have this skill level start in the 90s and make the curve even more crazy than the current elite skills. Call it a prestige skill or something. That would appeal to some that are cringing at the idea of more beginner activity.

More quests would not pique my interest particularly. Although, I must confess that I do enjoy some of them and completely see how they fit into the progression of a skiller's abilities. For that reason, I take a day now and then to grind through a couple and am glad that I did. HOWEVER, in light of my above suggestion for more skilling content, I must recognize that with any new skills at or above elite there must be new story content to accompany it.

Most of the snobs hob nobbing around the GE these days switch to bragging about their billions in net wealth after going on and on about all of the boss PvM kills in their personal tally. I believe that new ways to make big bucks could help keep these creeps entertained after they get tired of mass murder and then need to buy or make the latest ultra-armor and weaps. You might consider a new skill that combines magic and divination and call it thaumaturgy or something like that.

Thanks for everything! :)

29-Aug-2022 19:50:32 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2022 19:52:41 by FastFerret8

Quick find code: 181-182-31-66260224 Back to Top