Forums

Runescape, I wanna thank you

Quick find code: 181-182-27-66208699

Spartan Xl

Spartan Xl

Posts: 707 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everyone.

I just gave good ol Runescape a try again after not having played it seriously for a good decade. I thought I had left it behind me and wouldn't come back. But I sure am having a good time with my new profile on OSRS.

And you know what? It's all coming back. Suddenly, all these sweet memories are appearing again. From when I first played RS back in... I think 2005. How this world opened up to me and it was so overwhelming. How I made a new profile every time I died after tutorial island, because I thought the nooby items I started with were irreplacable. How I spent all this time mining in that little corner with copper and tin rocks south of Varrock and went to Lumbridge to smith bronze into a full set of armor. How I was trembling with excitement when I first got my membership and took care of all these membership essentials, like buying the dragon platelegs and finishing Monkey Madness so I could wield the dragon scimitar. From the 2008 graphics update that I was so excited for and felt so great about when it came there. How I could now play in full screen and witness the beautiful sight of all the green dragons I slayed in the wilderness with updated animations and textures.

You know, I'm sure we've all had that phase where we didn't tell anyone we played Runescape or told people we only played it until a certain age because otherwise it would make us too dorky... but if there's one thing life has taught me, it's that you should do what excites you and not let other people determine for you how you should live your life. It's good ol' Runescape that has given me that excitement and fond memories to go with it.

And for that, I want to thank Runescape.

21-Mar-2021 22:04:48

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great post, good memories from the old times :) Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

21-Mar-2021 23:58:52

Dirty Dallas

Dirty Dallas

Posts: 1,534 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
THANK YOU for keeping osrs wholesome and keeping MTX out!!!

We play osrs because it is oldschool! Otherwise we'd go play RS3.

I dont know about new management in all, ofc they need to make money, but dont sacrifice our beloved game by ruining it.

So TY again, Jagex team, you guys rock and keep fighting for us!
UIM BTW

24-Mar-2021 18:31:31

Quick find code: 181-182-27-66208699 Back to Top