Forums

The First 20 Years Book

Quick find code: 181-182-134-66241775

Dragon Anon
May Member 2019

Dragon Anon

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just got a hardcover of the book and I really like it. Very well done. I will be proud to put it on the same bookshelf with things like Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. Right next to the old D&D manuals.

I will say I wasn't paying enough attention when I bought the book. While I like it very much, I thought it was going to be the history of Gielinor. I would definitely pay for matching book like that. Extra point (read: $) if you can actually print them with [my character name] inserted where quests impacted the history. I am the World Guardian after all.

And if you want to match the 3 book D&D set... a RuneScape Monster Manual would be pretty cool to have. Who doesn't like to take down the old D&D one every once in a while and flip through it?

Anyway, thanks for the book. Very impressive to read about the development history. Thank you Gower brothers especially.

03-Jan-2022 15:24:43

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really enjoyed it too. It's quite a well done collector's piece in either version. I ended up getting a copy of both the standard and deluxe editions so I'd have both editions for the future. I would be down for a lore book as well, that's an interesting idea but I think the development history is cool too.

05-Jan-2022 17:52:55

Lord Keys
Sep Member 2004

Lord Keys

Posts: 241 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is a very good book ,looks like quality and has a quality feel to it.There's lots of interesting facts and art work.
How ever it should have been written by someone who had spent quite a time playing the game. The facts were made available to the writer ,but that did't ( and can't) give him an insite to what the game is about.
One important part of Runescape was missed out. A chapter should have been devoted to the players, those who lead the way,those who influenced the game, those whose names people still talk about today,in fact all players.After all this is what the game is about ,the players.
It would also have been nice who have more screen shots of the actual game down the years.Nothing reminds players of a game than seeing a screenshot,it brings back memories
As I said its well presented book which we shall always treasure (three of us in the family play Runescape),but I think Jagex missed some important content. The players! :P

09-Jan-2022 21:52:02

The contents of this message have been hidden.

12-Jan-2022 00:14:41

Quick find code: 181-182-134-66241775 Back to Top