Forums

water runes!!!

Quick find code: 17-18-812-66236941

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in the day, was it Mod Mack(?) whom essentially proposed a prestige system to where even veteran players could, for the purpose of hiscores, reset their stats and start from square one to ultimately-also help bring the lower-end supplies back into the game. The intentions of the proposition were good, but of course it failed due to the usual execution (unfortunately). Due to this, yeah, we see expensive logs and runes :( . Just today, as I bounce between OSRS and RS3, I was taken back by how expensive soul runes seem to be! I suppose there's endless reasons for why the OSRS market is seemingly far different and expected to be more on course for how most of us remember and expect that it should be.

Maybe someday things will go back to how they debatably should be. All it takes is another employee to attempt to reinvent that wheel :P .

- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

25-Nov-2021 19:16:46

01 Partyhat
May Member 2020

01 Partyhat

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nead said :
Back in the day, was it Mod Mack(?) whom essentially proposed a prestige system to where even veteran players could, for the purpose of hiscores, reset their stats and start from square one to ultimately-also help bring the lower-end supplies back into the game. The intentions of the proposition were good, but of course it failed due to the usual execution (unfortunately). Due to this, yeah, we see expensive logs and runes :( . Just today, as I bounce between OSRS and RS3, I was taken back by how expensive soul runes seem to be! I suppose there's endless reasons for why the OSRS market is seemingly far different and expected to be more on course for how most of us remember and expect that it should be.

Maybe someday things will go back to how they debatably should be. All it takes is another employee to attempt to reinvent that wheel :P .

Your post made me think of RS classic back when I started playing almost 20yrs ago. Law runes were 1k each back then and now on RS3 they're around 250gp each. Blood runes were also 10k each on classic.

25-Nov-2021 19:46:23

Quick find code: 17-18-812-66236941 Back to Top