Forums

Holly wreath price drop

Quick find code: 17-18-758-66270113

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hoarders dropping their assets before the tax gets installed? More quantity than demand? Maybe players who prefer straight cash than items because of the new max cash in january? Pick your poison :p . trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

26-Dec-2022 10:14:33

200m Defence

200m Defence

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa was late delivering presents this year, that's why. Don't trust any pc's listed, any advice or talks between posts on ID forums anymore , the Manips are let loose, especially the main one with 15+ accounts posting acting as different people.. do your own research

26-Dec-2022 12:58:54

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Holly wreaths used to be 1/2 of a Black santa hat in value. Then 1/3. Now 1/4. So some people decided enough was enough and dumped holly wreaths as an investment. I don't blame them, especially after the introduction of multiple wreaths like frosted wreaths, wreath crown, etc. that are essentially substitute goods, which look better than the holly wreath. Just to rub it in, Jagex made the examine description of the frosted wreath to say holly wreath.

It's no different than Gucci bags taking a big hit if the market gets flooded with knockoff ones that look just as good if not better.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

28-Dec-2022 05:03:03

Scarfuncle
May Member 2021

Scarfuncle

Posts: 125 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Sea King is absolutely correct. I wanted a holly wreath about 2 years ago and after the frosted wreath came out I didn't see the point. I mean, keep it as an investment maybe? But then the price has come down so it can't even be an investment. It doesn't help that you literally never see anyone wearing a holly wreath. I anticipate it will continue to tumble.

30-Dec-2022 00:23:10

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scarfuncle said :
I think Sea King is absolutely correct. I wanted a holly wreath about 2 years ago and after the frosted wreath came out I didn't see the point. I mean, keep it as an investment maybe? But then the price has come down so it can't even be an investment. It doesn't help that you literally never see anyone wearing a holly wreath. I anticipate it will continue to tumble.

Lots of great points, and I agree wholeheartedly.

I think it is worth also noting, price adjustments in the "order of hierarchy" is entirely normal.

Green h'ween used to be worth more than santa hats, and over the years we saw santa hats gain power and now it trades for closer to a red h'ween mask. We've seen readjustments in the partyhat hierarchy as well. Fashionscape, and consumer demand drives the prices more than anything else. There was a period of time wher 1/2 wine jugs traded for a bit more than yellow partyhats, and now those are a fraction (possibly 4 = a partyhat these days).

As you've also pointed out, the Frosted Wreath, Wreath Crown, and other "copy cat" items has affected the perception of these items.

There's other "super rare" items out there. The Challenger Halo has, what about 3,000 in existence? I think the safest long-term investments are traditional rares. A lot of the newer ones, including Christmas Scythe and Holly Wreath are seen as being "less legitimate" and less cool for fashionscape. I can barely tell the differnce between Holly Wreath and Frosted Wreath, and that is with concentration/focus....
Forum Moderator

30-Dec-2022 06:20:58

Quick find code: 17-18-758-66270113 Back to Top