Forums

High Level Gear vs. Rare Price

Quick find code: 17-18-649-66246341

The Exedai
Nov Member 2021

The Exedai

Posts: 735 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello all, I'm a recently returning high level player. My bank is fairly illiquid, as when I retired I invested in some rares.

My question pertains to the pricing of high level gear (t92s) and the profitability of getting them and learning high level bossing, vs. keeping my rares and working my way up to good gear because rares are so outrageously priced.

Opinions requested: Would it be better to:
A) Sell my rares to get Best in Slot gear to then easily make it all back doing high level PVM.
B) Keep my rares because the pricing is so outrageous--start building up to BIS gear from the ground up, bossing and using skills etc.

Feedback appreciated--thanks!

14-Feb-2022 21:29:48

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,655 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I suggest building from the ground up. Keep your rares, as they have skyrocketed since 2020. Once you learn bosses, you can rise your pvm skills till you can eventually push enrage for telos and maybe even hm zuk, which are big gp. And imo it's better to just grind instead of trying to sell your rares in w2, so many scammers, scammer bots, lurers and players lowballing. I recommend not wearing any head slot rares the whole time you're learning pvm, so you don't get constant spam messages from spam accounts.

15-Feb-2022 03:56:00

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think farming some of the weapons/gear would give you alot of pvm experience too. for example. you dont need to do telos to get the tier92 weapons. you can also do another boss and save the money to buy it with the gp you get from other pvm bosses. that way you dont have to sell your rares and you also gain experience in pvming. these days there are alot of fcs and clans that help new or returning players in pvming so simply put: you learn how to pvm/improve and while doing that you gain money to buy the weapons and gear. trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

15-Feb-2022 14:51:20

Radyi
Jun Member 2010

Radyi

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keep your rares, pvming requires knowledge etc... and simply owning BIS wont be enough to compensate in most cases. If you ever did player owned ports you can make t88 weapons essentially free, which are quite decent for a rebuild. If you dont have that much cash simply getting a t85 weapon would be good enough. Auras are important so make sure to visit wars retreat and get the zerk auras and also do your reaper tasks. I mean you can even learn how to do croseus (new skilling boss) which has very little in the way of gear requirements, but has extremely valuable rewards. Mass contributor to deaths coffers.

15-Feb-2022 18:19:31

Quick find code: 17-18-649-66246341 Back to Top