Forums

PartyHats and ge tax

Quick find code: 17-18-647-66274049

TwistedHween
Sep Member 2023

TwistedHween

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you hear the skepticism of ge partyhat adoption even lower rares. Yet if you break it down listing your blue partyhat on ge doesnt mean it results in a loss in the end. if the recent inb was say 116b and you take 2.32b tax your total is 113.68b great now dont chuck your gp in your bank or go buy some armour rebuy the hat for less (a flip) you want to rebuy for less then the total of 113.68 so offer like 113.26 if / when it fills relist for say 115.98 now you not only didnt lose money but you made 500m. if you dont want to flip and you want to swap colors its not as risky as you think the color line kind of syncs just know the inb prices of both colors sell nis and then rebuy the color you want for the low it may be a loss doing the change but it would be very small and you can always hold for awhile the risks are tiny. the downside is it does involve math and thinking but its very possible and i hope people get comfortable using ge for every item from green hwen mask to cracker

05-Feb-2023 22:18:06 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2023 22:19:28 by TwistedHween

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Posts: 6,443 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya I plan to sell my blue phat in the ge for 116b and re buy it for 100b making a easy 16b every time I sell it and re buy it. Its kind of like a lot of math but its a easy 16b every day.
I'm blue daba dee daba die!
Pulled 14 phats from crackers 5/6
Rank 2 Div

Investing in rares for a better tomorrow.
Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

05-Feb-2023 23:35:27

200m Defence

200m Defence

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
?????

what is that post.
Don't trust any pc's listed, any advice or talks between posts on ID forums anymore , the Manips are let loose, especially the main one with 15+ accounts posting acting as different people.. do your own research

06-Feb-2023 13:05:45

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TwistedHween said :
you hear the skepticism of ge partyhat adoption even lower rares. Yet if you break it down listing your blue partyhat on ge doesnt mean it results in a loss in the end. if the recent inb was say 116b and you take 2.32b tax your total is 113.68b great now dont chuck your gp in your bank or go buy some armour rebuy the hat for less (a flip) you want to rebuy for less then the total of 113.68 so offer like 113.26 if / when it fills relist for say 115.98 now you not only didnt lose money but you made 500m. if you dont want to flip and you want to swap colors its not as risky as you think the color line kind of syncs just know the inb prices of both colors sell nis and then rebuy the color you want for the low it may be a loss doing the change but it would be very small and you can always hold for awhile the risks are tiny. the downside is it does involve math and thinking but its very possible and i hope people get comfortable using ge for every item from green hwen mask to cracker

I see what your trying to point out there by lowering the second sell price by buying lower you pay less tax over the second sell. but the problem is that people are greedy and prefer 16b over the small ge tax gains, but for smaller items that might work too but the tax gains would be less compared to high money items, its something i havent considered yet but has an economical bonus because the prices would go down long term.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

06-Feb-2023 16:37:10

Behemoth Kn

Behemoth Kn

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TwistedHween said :
You hear the skepticism of GE partyhat adoption, even lower rares. Yet if you break it down, listing your blue partyhat on GE doesn't mean it results in a loss in the end. If the recent INB was say, 116b and you take 2.32b tax, your total is 113.68b. Great. Now dont chuck your gp in your bank or go buy some armour. Rebuy the hat for less (a flip). You want to rebuy for less than the total of 113.68 so offer, say, 113.26. If / when it fills, relist for say 115.98. Now you not only you didn't lose money but you made 500m.

If you dont want to flip and you want to swap colors it's not as risky as you think. The color line kind of syncs, just know the INB and NIS prices of both colors and then rebuy the color you want for the low. It may be a loss doing the change but it would be very small and you can always hold for awhile, the risks are tiny. The downside is that it does involve math and thinking but it's very possible and I hope people get comfortable using the GE for every item from Green h'ween to Cracker.

FTFY.

Anyhow, trades will be done both within and outside the GE. From those who want to take the time to stand in W2 to cut on losses or have a larger margin of profit, to others that are holding rares/gp and waiting for opportunities. The rare market has always been volatile and now will also find the flexibility it had from 2011 when free trade returned.

06-Feb-2023 22:10:07

Quick find code: 17-18-647-66274049 Back to Top