Forums

whats the deal with partyhats

Quick find code: 17-18-595-66208529

CM Arbor

CM Arbor

Local Moderator Posts: 1,945 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey imswenden,

First of all, I've moved this over to a better-suited forum section.

I believe what you're talking about here is the drastic price difference in partyhats between RS3 and OSRS. In RS3, partyhats are incredibly expensive, requiring multiple max cash stacks worth of gold to purchase, as they've been discontinued items for about 20 years. In OSRS, though, they're not worth much, as they were released into the game roughly 7-8 years ago.

20-Mar-2021 16:07:54

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
imswenden,

if you're talking about rs3 and not osrs:

max cash is 2.147b gp. That's all the gp you can trade at one time. The ge maxes at 2.147b gp.

Partyhats are worth much more. They are traded with stacks of millions of spirit shards, which sell for 25gp each instantly, up to max cash worth at a time, at certain shops in rs. You can buy and sell them, bulk, easily. So, they work for a sort of currency.

If you cannot figure out spirit shards, then you'll need to accept items. In this case, h'weens, santas, and christmas scythe are some options you might consider. Green h'ween currently trades under max cash in the ge, but if you have a lot of them to sell, you might lower the price by selling.

If you accept items, you'll probably be ripped off. A merchant will likely take a fee, perhaps a very high fee, for the special trade you're wanting.

Most people trade shards. If you cannot trade shards, you might consider not selling your partyhats. Once sold, you likely will not be able to rebuy them.

Blue partyhat and cracker are currently over max shards. That is to say, they are worth more than 2.147b shards and 2.147b cash. As a result, items are used to trade them.

The amount of time and effort represented in these massive stacks of wealth means you'll be vulnerable to scams if you try to sell them without understanding what you're doing. A great many will be too tempted to not scam you in some manner. So, just be aware. Good luck.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

20-Mar-2021 17:24:45

Trip180

Trip180

Spirit shards sell for less in the ge, because lazy people and f2p players dump them into the ge. And their buy limit is low in the ge.

But if you can bring yourself to walk to one of the shops in rs that trades them, you'll see how easy they are to trade there. A great many older owners of rares cannot seem to learn spirit shard trading, which amazes me.

If you can't figure spirit shards out, you're really probably best off not trying to sell your partyhat. Maybe take a month to carefully walk through the process of trading in your mind.

For some, it's just too confusing. And they lose many billions as a result. It sounds like you might have well over 100b in wealth, but can you figure how to trade it?
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

20-Mar-2021 17:27:24

Trip180

Trip180

One tip: If you manage to learn spirit shards, there's one thing to watch for: Never, ever, accept k. If someone offers 2147k gp, it's a scam. Walk away. Add the player to ignore. Always, always, look for m, not k.

You want, for example, 1120m shards, not 1120k shards, for a yellow. Or, whatever price yellow is at a given time.

2147m shards + 2147m gp is what max currency looks like. You can also store shard boxes in your bank, if you want to get fancy, but you cannot trade shard boxes. Shard boxes can be opened, to obtain more shards. This is how over max shards are stored in one's bank.

You can have max gp in a money pouch, in the bank, in one's inventory, and in ge offers. So, you can actually hold a lot of gp at once. Alts are also legal currently, to store wealth on.

20-Mar-2021 17:38:46 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2021 17:40:41 by Trip180

Quick find code: 17-18-595-66208529 Back to Top