Forums

I really like fsoa

Quick find code: 17-18-456-66225448

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay so first huge caveat: I love the inquisitor staff, and I think it rivals FSOA in a lot of important ways. It almost always works. If the enemy is affinity weak to water, fire, earth, or air: no problem, just change to the right surge spell (and for 4 runes get the strength of 5+). The other t80/97s leave you hanging if you need throw, bolt, stab, or slash. I feel compelled to testify to yall that there are one or two categories where FSOA is way way better.

1. quickchat bragging rights. yeah. thats the main one. we can't quickchat having found our own pieces of the inq staff, so its kinda hard to prove you made one from scratch. You can get close by pointing at 200m arch xp, and people probably believe you, but... bragging rights do matter.

2. fighting mobs of things at gw1, gw2, etc where enemies are mixed types and there are rangers and mages. The inq staff will hit them but... it doesnt murder them like when you use FSOA.

3. special attack. the inq doesnt have one, the sos spec always seemed lackluster (and I havent heard it got better with familiar aggression tweak like the two summoned guys get on it more), and tbh its kinda hard to see the FSOA spec right now... maybe part of the graphical error issues... but it drops a staff of armadyl (
SOMETIMES
we can actually see it) on them that looks a lot like the spear of tuska. Its dark blue and falls from the sky on them. That is probably gonna get fixed and will look a lot cooler in the future.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

14-Aug-2021 17:12:28

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I am really surprised how much I like fighting Kerapac. I have sucked the marrow out of the elder god wars content. All the acheivements possible shy of the timeweaver title and the gold skin for kerry. Finding 5 rowena took forever! So after getting the 3 pieces and making staff... um... yeah I am keeping it. I know I should sell the first one I make, but... my peer group is all about them bragging rights, so I kinda sadly removed gizmos from inq, disaug'ed it, and will probably give it to my daughter who isn't quite lv 95 mage yet.

I keep banked the camel staff, have my scav 4 riding on t82 limitless air, and I have wise 4 riding on a t82 limitless mud for farming. I been meaning to keepsake elite kiba, and I run praesul wand and kalphite rebounder* a lot. My rebounder has been lv 20 for ages (and it levels slow so thats a lot of use). So I think that shows sincerity... I aint just "pump and dump" or "price fixing" or something. I really do use mage gear, and I am keeping my first FSOA.

good luck y'all.

edit/add 2: my imperium core might not be lv 20 yet. I do like it with lunging 4 and kerapac wraps. I love greater conc. I love the scripture of jas. I probably used like 40 of the pages already that I got as drops.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

14-Aug-2021 17:12:45 - Last edited on 14-Aug-2021 17:24:30 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I checked the rs wiki and wiki shows gif of like a blood ball like wrack/ruin or jas book as spec animation for FSOA, so... I could be wrong. I swear I saw a different spear drop, but its possible I threw tuska spear and lighting effects made it look different? So yeah... as always... I could be wrong, but I ain't lying.

14-Aug-2021 17:27:57

LovveL
Mar Member 2013

LovveL

Posts: 5,894 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I made my own staff last week from solo runs but I have yet to really try because I'm waiting for it to get the planned re-buff and then I'll figure out if I like it or not :) Rank #56 Overall. 8000/1****? Hard caskets stacked. 7000/8****? Elite caskets stacked.
31/37 boss logs completed - Ultimate Slayer achieved
Would you trust a Price-checking service that has bots running in W2 advertising themselves constantly? I wouldn't!

14-Aug-2021 17:30:18

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I levelled mine to 15 at gw1 sara mid room with xp capacitor and some of the dbl item xp I had left of the 48 hrs... in a little less than 2 hrs. I might change which gizmos I use.

atm I have precise 6, mobile, aftershock 4, demon slayer; but I might maybe wanna use lunging 4 demon slayer instead if coming elder boss is immune to poison and the wraps are gonna work better than cinderbanes. I been usin banes on kpac instead of the wraps cause he does take poison, and its tricky to always catch him in air in sequence wrack/ruin, breath, then combust... like sometimes ruin aint ready, or combust aint ready. its a big hit, but... banes/poison+++ is set and forget.

edit/add: the streaky broken polygon thing can be distracting so Im able to use it better with some kinda staff override (I have a zamorak crozier and a doomcore keepsaked).

14-Aug-2021 17:38:25 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2021 00:11:39 by J R Kerr

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is really great, ty. I miss essays like this in the forums.

It sounds like inq is still ideal for certain places. When I "boss," it's just dag kings. So, inq is still best for me. But t95 is best for aoe and general combat.

I wonder if anyone has put the new staff in an amulet.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

15-Aug-2021 09:32:27

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

yeah I bring FSOA to kpac and throw the spec then tendrils before his dive kick and switch to rebounder/wand, and I spam guthix claw with either. I never actually tried inq staff there cause I had it set with aftershock, and I put lunging 4 on core for wraps.

cause I am still fumbling on the switches I cant say FSOA always making my kills faster but I definitely see the splats from the extra hits after criticals. I switched my gear so that my spare/second chest has relentless 5 crackling 4 biting 4 venomblood (i dont actually need venomblood for kpac but hey) instead of crystal shield and lucky... and thats cause some of my lucky procs were lost to me timeweaving anyhow. biting is always good, and even better if yer playin with FSOA.

I been tryin to tighten up and segregate kpac's 2 echoes so that by p3 I dont have to dodge any. like I put the first one center, put the 2nd one north, and then finish to south... and that makes switching FSOA for spec a little bit less sweaty. the trick is... where was his last tear of each phase, not the first tear of each phase, so its a little background work to keep him in one of the 3 spots for all the dives. really messes me up (and thats tots fair cause I made ridiculous errors on other people's time the first two days of him) in trio when dudes all want to use one spot, and get clobbered by two echoes, so solo has been kinda calmer for me (a lot less signing).

16-Aug-2021 19:50:47 - Last edited on 16-Aug-2021 19:52:07 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

feels strange to testify to y'all but its a first time for me to dye anything... I dyed FSOA barrows cause it looks amazing. It makes the feathered bits a pretty pale gold, and it immediately fixes that graphical stretch of broken polygons on the 'grabber green' default model (thats the paint used for 1970s plymouth cuda) and makes it more like 'aztec gold' (a paint that plymouth used on prowlers and cruisers).

edit/add: got screenie of it since idk what happened to the metrics whole body portrait. I love amelia the owl, but this would look cool with the gold echo skin for kerry too.

and this in combat stance. no stretch.

edit/add 2: got screenie of what I mean by segregating his echoes. this turns out to ONLY work in solo mode. in duo or trio the echoes target anyone not tanking.

edit/add 3: timeweaver. woot!

17-Aug-2021 22:29:07 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2021 16:21:29 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I had an ED1 leftover from weeks back where I had done the slayer contract (on acolytes of seiryu for a few slayer pts) right up to masuta, so it was just masuta then seiryu to finish which I decided to test this morning with FSOA.

The work on the crystals is pretty much the same DPS to throw FSOA spec/tendrils (with smoke cloud and eof guth claw) as to use ECB's split soul et al... and I wasnt even wearing elite tectonic. I really kinda like maging the end of that. I think it was cheaper, used less expensive ammo, etc. Like I was burning up super cruelty scrims, and now I am using scripture of jas. blood runes obv cheaper than bak bolts. etc.

I neglected to bring anything with caroming for the jellies, and... it doesnt matter because chain has always been smoother than ricochet. Had no problems murdering all the jellies (when ranging I have to pop on kalphite repriser that has caroming 4).

The next test I tried was maging nex, which is a weird pain, and its been so long I forgot you can't mage the minion mages... and that... sucked. I aborted a few times, regeared, and at the point when I remembered I need a whole different ability bar set up... quit, and Im not doing that again. In theory the FSOA spec/tendrils should mince nex at blood, but... if it fails then it heals her all the way back up. Its weird my log shows I have like 94 kills, which isnt right (it doesnt count any pre eoc kills), but the counter did start late on her... ugh... yeah no. not doing six more of her for 5 runescore anytime soon.

I predict FSOA will make short work of ed2/3 but I'm back on kpac til wen, so can't testify to that for awhile.

in short: FSOA spec is a lot like ECB spec for damage but you can soul split while doing it for healing as opposed to split soul while throwing SARA godbow (not seren) for heal underneath.

24-Aug-2021 18:16:37

Quick find code: 17-18-456-66225448 Back to Top