Forums

Rollback + Duplication Thread is locked

Quick find code: 17-18-226-66206655

King Noob X
Nov Member 2023

King Noob X

Posts: 573 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have some questions. Certain accounts affected by login issue have been unintentionally rolled back a few days or longer. If they sold a rare/hero item in this lost time, for example, is a duplicate item in the game now they have gone back?

If an account has been rolled back and they have a rare, when they finally login, couldn't they give it to a friend/clanmate, then request in customer support as they've been told to forward to their actual recent save profile? This would mean that there are now 2 rares, right?

Are Jagex overloaded and too busy to track this?

06-Mar-2021 12:52:03

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
to answer this question. there have been 2 kinds of rollbacks.

roll 1(most players): got rolled back on the day of the rollback for a few hours so if a person trades in between that time there might have been some issues.

roll2(a small amount of players): got rolled back to when they created the account, leading to having no quests done and all stats to level 1 obviously when you start a fresh account you dont own any rares.

Lets assume a player has ill intent and gives away his rare to an alt or friend to claim a second rare.

jatex can trace back if your account got affected by the bug which means if a player does a report jatex can find out if its a false report or not. if its false after some research then at worst the player lost his rare because he/she gave it away for free.

and remember that false reporting has consequences!.

I hope this might help.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

06-Mar-2021 13:40:20

I Jonyfrecle

I Jonyfrecle

Posts: 3,702 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In theory if you sold an item, your account was rolled back to before the trade and the buyers account was not, then items would be duplicated.

And in theory the reverse is also true, if you buy an item from someone, and your account is rolled back but the sellers is not, then that item would be lost.

I don't see any reason why there is a higher probability of one of these outcomes happening over the other, so in these theoretical duplications and removals of items would cancel each other out.

If someone knew how this situation was going to play out and intentionally set it up so that the rares would be duplicated, then I guess it could be possible that there are now more rares in the game.

But as far as we're aware, this wasn't a planned attack/dupe attempt?

06-Mar-2021 15:37:42

Quick find code: 17-18-226-66206655 Back to Top