Forums

Elite Sirenic vs sirenic

Quick find code: 17-18-208-66229746

Grasssman
Aug Member 2021

Grasssman

Posts: 6,160 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys, I have recently started to play this game 3 months ago after not playing since around 2006, I had some money from when I previously played the game and from what I saw I went and bought elite sirenic with most of my money to attempt to do pvm, I use ascensions and finality.
I do not have the greater ricochet ability.
Would it be wise to sell the Elite sirenic and get normal sirenic and buy the ricochet ability or just keep the elite sirenic?
From what I can see the normal sirenic costs 2x each piece to maintain so wouldn’t that mean it’s more costly than the elite to retain and is that worth it for the ability.
I also do not have the 99 prayers.

Sorry I am a noob
Thanks

21-Sep-2021 09:39:57 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2021 09:51:28 by Grasssman

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
99 prayer is very useful. Everything you mention is useful. Are you sure you’d get a significant amount from selling elite sirenic? If so, sell it, yea. Tank armor might even keep you alive longer if needing it starting out, if you have ports armor. If not, nevermind.

I’m not some Pvm expert, but I can answer this at least.

I suspect the prayer is most useful.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

21-Sep-2021 12:37:52

LovveL
Mar Member 2013

LovveL

Posts: 5,894 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The difference between Elite and regular Sirenic is nothing big. But as you've mentioned the upkeep is different and for that reason plus the fact that Elite Sirenic does not degrade during Elite Dungeons I'd definitely recommend just sticking to Elite Sirenic.

Not trying to be a dick, but 99 prayer should be easily obtainable for you. If you want to make it "free" and make money + gaining massive xp rates look up how to properly do Vyres they are like 1.5m xp/hr (few different skills ( 400-500k pray xp/hr with varrock legs)) + 6-7m gp/hr. Numbers may be a bit off since it's been years since I last did this.

Grico is a huge dps increase but it's also a price of like 1.8b. I like to build a base before I add accessories and bling bling, that's just my 2 cents.
Rank #56 Overall. 8000/1****? Hard caskets stacked. 7000/8****? Elite caskets stacked.
31/37 boss logs completed - Ultimate Slayer achieved
Would you trust a Price-checking service that has bots running in W2 advertising themselves constantly? I wouldn't!

21-Sep-2021 13:10:39

Grasssman
Aug Member 2021

Grasssman

Apologies for not being clear, I have the stat 99 prayer but I have seen that you can buy a codex that’s gives you better curses (Praesul codex).

I’m just trying to find my feet and wanting to know what is best to work towards for making my life easier at bossing.

So perhaps I should keep the elite serenic and work towards affording the praesul codex? Or would you suggest greater ricochet?

LovveL said :
The difference between Elite and regular Sirenic is nothing big. But as you've mentioned the upkeep is different and for that reason plus the fact that Elite Sirenic does not degrade during Elite Dungeons I'd definitely recommend just sticking to Elite Sirenic.

Not trying to be a dick, but 99 prayer should be easily obtainable for you. If you want to make it "free" and make money + gaining massive xp rates look up how to properly do Vyres they are like 1.5m xp/hr (few different skills ( 400-500k pray xp/hr with varrock legs)) + 6-7m gp/hr. Numbers may be a bit off since it's been years since I last did this.

Grico is a huge dps increase but it's also a price of like 1.8b. I like to build a base before I add accessories and bling bling, that's just my 2 cents.

21-Sep-2021 13:23:52

LovveL
Mar Member 2013

LovveL

Posts: 5,894 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umm that's a tough one. Grico is more raw dmg increase but also more than twice the price. Grico is only really good though if used with a weapon that has Caroming 4 perk, in case you weren't aware.

https://discord.gg/pvme
Invite link to PvmE discord. In there you can find different upgrade orders for all styles and I'm sure that'll answer a lot of questions.
Rank #56 Overall. 8000/1****? Hard caskets stacked. 7000/8****? Elite caskets stacked.
31/37 boss logs completed - Ultimate Slayer achieved
Would you trust a Price-checking service that has bots running in W2 advertising themselves constantly? I wouldn't!

21-Sep-2021 13:31:23

Grasssman
Aug Member 2021

Grasssman

Thanks I appreciate it.

LovveL said :
Umm that's a tough one. Grico is more raw dmg increase but also more than twice the price. Grico is only really good though if used with a weapon that has Caroming 4 perk, in case you weren't aware.

https://discord.gg/pvme
Invite link to PvmE discord. In there you can find different upgrade orders for all styles and I'm sure that'll answer a lot of questions.

21-Sep-2021 14:48:29

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Realise that the caroming 4 perk also costs. You need to unlock the ability from GWD2 as well. I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

23-Sep-2021 05:17:31

Quick find code: 17-18-208-66229746 Back to Top