Forums

Dragon Mattock Doubled in May?

Quick find code: 17-18-161-66217191

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What happened? Don't think drop rate changed? They steadily crashing for months until May 2021. If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

29-May-2021 14:14:52

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
they increased the droprate and most ppl dont use them because you can get a better mattock for less work. its mostly usefull if you want to add perks to a mattock trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

29-May-2021 14:25:08

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Raphtalia6 said :
they increased the droprate and most ppl dont use them because you can get a better mattock for less work. its mostly usefull if you want to add perks to a mattock

Increasing the drop rate and less demand doesn't explain why they went up in price so dramatically this month?

And what is the better mattock? Not everyone can afford a Tony.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

29-May-2021 14:28:32

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

oww i thought you were talking about it crashing. ive no clue why it would go up tbh. everything points towards it going down. not going up. trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

29-May-2021 14:49:20

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Ikr? I just paid like nearly 24m for it and created a dragon mattock cuz I got tired to holding 4 imcando pieces in my bank. Waited for months for price to stablize at a low value and yet I end up paying 2x more than a month ago...smh If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

29-May-2021 15:01:49

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

panicsell said :
Don't think it takes a genius tbh... We just had double xp where a lot of people choose to train arch for comp reasons and next to nobody is doing bgh during dxp

yes thats true but why buy a mattock for 21-25m (idk the price) if you can buy a higher tier mattock for 600-800k. dragon is tier 60 but with the new bars we can make now you can get a tier60 for alot less and upgrade real quick when you reach the next tier for less money. so ye some ppl would buy a dragon mattock but i think ppl that just want the 99 wont upgrade the dragon mattock so they wont need it because they can get a better mattock for atleast 19m less.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

30-May-2021 13:17:52

S 1 M O N
Sep Member 2016

S 1 M O N

Posts: 1,491 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raphtalia6 said :
panicsell said :
Don't think it takes a genius tbh... We just had double xp where a lot of people choose to train arch for comp reasons and next to nobody is doing bgh during dxp

yes thats true but why buy a mattock for 21-25m (idk the price) if you can buy a higher tier mattock for 600-800k. dragon is tier 60 but with the new bars we can make now you can get a tier60 for alot less and upgrade real quick when you reach the next tier for less money. so ye some ppl would buy a dragon mattock but i think ppl that just want the 99 wont upgrade the dragon mattock so they wont need it because they can get a better mattock for atleast 19m less.

I'm not sure how far you've trained Arch, but two Dragon Mattock's are required for the Mattock of Space and Time, which aside Tony's, is the best Mattock. It makes sense to purchase your first one as soon as possible, as you can perk it, and then at level 99, your item levels and perks transfer across to Space and Time.

As for the price increase, as stated, Arch is popular to train over DXP, and BGH isn't - so low supply and high demand.

30-May-2021 18:33:58

Quick find code: 17-18-161-66217191 Back to Top