Forums

Golden partyhat discontinued?

Quick find code: 17-18-108-66288551

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are these discontinued items never to be rereleased again? Items from a forum thread that were confirmed discontinued linked to to a Jmod have already been rereleased like turkies from years ago and most recently most seasons items except for crown. I need my blue charms back.

10-Oct-2023 22:23:47

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,820 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They've stated repeatedly that they have zero intention of making new tradable discontinued rares.

So currently none of us know. They seem to back peddle on a few things. Will tradable rares be one of those things? No clue.

All I know is I have 1 of items I like and don't care about the pixelated money I could make off of the item but rather or not I wish to continue owning the item. If I've no need for it I sell it if I'm short on funds. Otherwise i can join the other 1400 plus item stacks collecting dust within my bank til one day when cleaning out my bank again go really I got one of those still tosses in GE cause I don't need it.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

11-Oct-2023 15:39:22

BrunoNutto
Feb Member 2023

BrunoNutto

Posts: 3,328 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merching is fun. The value of investments may go down as well as up.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Discontinued_items

Currently the only item which Jagex has confirmed is permanently discontinued, with no plans for its rerelease in future, is the golden partyhat.

In 2026 for 25th anniv we might get golden top/legs/gloves/boots to match up with partyhat and cape.

So who knows what other discontinued items will be rereleased. I'd say this is safer than others like santa hats though with JMods currently asking what people want for christmas event rewards on social media...

11-Oct-2023 16:15:16

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its a good way to promote bad business decisions by re releasing discontinued items causing the company to lose $$ now people will lose faith in new discontinued items like golden partyhats and og rares knowing they could be rereleased in the future. Holly wreath bsh and xmas scythe is probably next. I need my blue charms back.

11-Oct-2023 16:57:12

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They stated something like "The golden phats will only be able to be obtained during this golden shard event unlike the Green Santa hat which may be rereleased in the future". I'm really really really assuming after that verbage, and it being their 20th aniversary, that those are discontinued rares (the golden partyhats).

As for the seasons stuff, I don't ever rember those being considered discontiuned rares? Wern't those TH items or something? They always re-run all the TH events... I'd never mess with any of that trash for long term invenstments.

In the end, they will do what they want... I'd for sure avoid all the TH trash though... Walks, overrides, etc. Same with all the "Seasonal events" such as the beach, that spring event, and that fall event they sometimes run for long term investments.

Best,

Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In
L.U.M.B.Y
|
TANK
Mages
DRANNER WALL

14-Oct-2023 17:05:45 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2023 17:11:39 by Lumbys Hero

Eng1neerd
Feb Member 2014

Eng1neerd

Posts: 860 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Gold Phat is discontinued forever. Jagex stated that was the intent of the one time Golden PartyHat Shard hunting event.

What's a better question is if Black Santa Hat is discontinued or not lol

16-Nov-2023 01:21:05 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2023 01:21:33 by Eng1neerd

Quick find code: 17-18-108-66288551 Back to Top