Forums

Petition for new 120 skill

Quick find code: 16-17-819-66260678

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They definitely should have been doing this the whole time. Terrible decision not to.

The main thing about 120's is you need to have a way to progress other than just xp.

Like you already have virtual lvl 120 but that doesn't let you skip right to the end. A good example of how to do this is the upgrades at Crock Oasis.

You can just walk up and do it, but you need to catch thousands of them to get the useful upgrades.

Or like at lvl 110 ranged you receive a bow that degrades to dust, and once you have depleted it you unlock the lvl 110 skill upgrade. Which is a new basic ability, tier of bow or whatever.

The main point is you want the people already at 120 to spend a TON of time unlocking the upgrades rather than just saying yay I already did the work, so I get all the rewards.

The folks levelling normally would just be doing it anyways, so it is nothing 'extra' for them to deal with.

Edit: the best part about this system is they don't even need ideas for 120, just 1 piece of content for players to deal with. Then you can always add to it at any time. If it was explained to the players I don't think there would be any reasonable complaints about releasing ONE thing and saying it justifies lvl 120 in a skill. Start off at lvl 100 for the first upgrade for PR and morale purposes. Easy money.

23-Aug-2022 13:57:10 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2022 14:15:27 by Roddy Piper

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeology is years old so it is not far-fetched to see a new skill next year or so. I doubt it will have anything to do with Wildy though because this Wildy themed series is only 6 months old. We probably won't have a new skill in the next 6 months.

Mod Stead and his team of 23 artists is said of working on some top secret project for new year. It may be some sort of expansion like Archaeology spanning multiple maps instead of just Wildy.

23-Aug-2022 15:58:23

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Archaeology is years old so it is not far-fetched to see a new skill next year or so. I doubt it will have anything to do with Wildy though because this Wildy themed series is only 6 months old. We probably won't have a new skill in the next 6 months.

Mod Stead and his team of 23 artists is said of working on some top secret project for new year. It may be some sort of expansion like Archaeology spanning multiple maps instead of just Wildy.

Where was it stated that a new skill has to get released every x number of years after the previous?

I mean how many was it between dg and div?

So IMO i think we're good with skills atm.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

24-Aug-2022 00:19:25

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Where was it stated that a new skill has to get released every x number of years after the previous?

I mean how many was it between dg and div?

So IMO i think we're good with skills atm.

DG and Divination were released in 2010 and 2013 respectively. There was a 3 year gap, and then Invention came in 2016 after another 3 years. Archaeology was released in 2020, so a new skill following the 3 year-ish new skill release cadence is quite a reasonable ball park estimate, which will take us to 2023 for the next new skill.

24-Aug-2022 00:49:00

Quick find code: 16-17-819-66260678 Back to Top