Forums

Hero Pass Interface

Quick find code: 16-17-645-66286113

Marbian
Jun Member 2023

Marbian

Posts: 6,848 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With todays announcement of Hero Pass, they shown it in-game and it comes with a very nice interface. We see the same different styled interface in the Marketplace too.

I just want to share how I personally would love to see a change to the current RS3 interface. The design and functionality of the current UI was released with RS3 so it would definitely be a change that could lead to riots for those who don't like change, but these new interfaces that are being used with MTX stuff, is just so much nicer that I think it would be an advantage for attractiveness.

Considering everyone has their interfaces set-up differently and as proven with OSRS that people like using different themes etc, then a option to use the old interface I don't think would be a bad idea, that would at least give Jagex the breathing space to work on new UX designs and play around with it, making the overall game interaction better.

29-Aug-2023 18:28:02

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't see where the "riot" is coming from. Nobody is rioting over any interface changes in RS3 when most are focused on the better rewards with the improved ways to obtain them over Yak Track, especially IM.

Don't we see OSRS making changes to their old interfaces often too? When we don't see OSRS giving their players the way to use old interface, why should we need that in RS3?

29-Aug-2023 18:38:14

Marbian
Jun Member 2023

Marbian

Dilbert2001 said :
I don't see where the "riot" is coming from. Nobody is rioting over any interface changes in RS3 when most are focused on the better rewards with the improved ways to obtain them over Yak Track, especially IM.

Don't we see OSRS making changes to their old interfaces often too? When we don't see OSRS giving their players the way to use old interface, why should we need that in RS3?

I didn't say anyone was 'rioting' I said the change to the main interface could course 'riots' which yano, means people complaining because something changed like with everything Jagex does.

But I think a easily solution and a good option would be to let people choose between the old (current) and new interface, kinda like the legacy option we have now for an even older version.

29-Aug-2023 18:54:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Marbian said :
Dilbert2001 said :

I didn't say anyone was 'rioting' I said the change to the main interface could course 'riots' which yano, means people complaining because something changed like with everything Jagex does.

But I think a easily solution and a good option would be to let people choose between the old (current) and new interface, kinda like the legacy option we have now for an even older version.

So a couple of RSOF uses like you only like old interface is "rioting" now? So be it then. I don't think it bothers Jagex, meaning RS3 and OSRS and also their other games and game studios too.

Again, OSRS changed their legacy interface often too. They don't let us choose the 2007 interface, do you have a problem?

29-Aug-2023 19:05:09

Marbian
Jun Member 2023

Marbian

I don't know why you're here to argue? this post is not about people rioting... it was a very small remark saying people probably won't like a new interface but a option like legacy would be good...

The point of the thread is about the interface seen today on stream and how I think it would be good to see the whole interface change to this...

29-Aug-2023 19:21:09

Marbian
Jun Member 2023

Marbian

OSRS does have that option through RL?

I was suggesting that everyone has their interfaces differently, and as demostrated on OSRS, people LIKE having different themes.

So I don't think it would be a issue for people to have the option to use multiple themes. So if Jagex was to bring in a new UI, bringing it with a option similar to legacy mode, wouldn't be a bad idea for those who like the current UI.

You're clearly here just to make a argument for the sake of it though so will leave it at that. Have a nice day :)

As it's derailed I'll point out the purpose of this thread:

The new interfaces we're seeing like on the Marketplace and now Hero Pass as shown on the stream today, are AMAZING, and I think making a new UI for the whole game similar to this would be great :)

Solutions for those who won't like the change after using the current UI since release of RS3 (EoC), then option similar to current legacy mode, would be good.

29-Aug-2023 19:32:39 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2023 19:34:42 by Marbian

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Marbian said :
OSRS does have that option through RL?

No. RL doesn't have all the features official OSRS client has. They are different. Besides, RL is not even OSRS, let alone OSRS legacy inteface.

Why don't you tell us why doesn't the official OSRS client let us choose legacy 2007 interface but RS3 has to?

29-Aug-2023 19:52:22

Quick find code: 16-17-645-66286113 Back to Top