Forums

FSW membership via RS3 bonds?

Quick find code: 16-17-496-66260440

KARA_MElR
Nov Member 2021

KARA_MElR

Posts: 81 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As an RS3 free to play member (bond user) since late 2013 and boredom with my main account creeping in due to being very close to comp stats i was looking greatly forward to taking part in the FSW for a few months and hopefully looting some great rewards and possibly a leader board /top 100 reward too ...

One thing made me greatly concerned and the question is as simple as the title....

"Will it be possible in any way to take part in the FSW using bonds transferred from my main account to fund the membership on the FSW account?"

... with the fresh worlds and main game being completely disconnected unless you opt out of the FSW mode i see no way to interact between the two accounts to transfer bonds or membership... sadly this makes me feel i may not be able to partake in an otherwise amazing and refreshing game mode without parting with IRL cash to do so.

17-Aug-2022 19:39:41

DefqonDude
Aug Member 2020

DefqonDude

Posts: 194 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've read on another post that it would be possible if you have an OS account. You can create an RS3 account but not login. Instead login on OS with that account and acquire a bond. Since it's the same account it would share the membership. And when FSW starts, login on RS3 with the account.

Disclaimer: This is just what I've read, and makes sense in some way. ButI have no idea if this actually works.
Dutch Infinity and beyond

18-Aug-2022 09:48:00

KARA_MElR
Nov Member 2021

KARA_MElR

yes that works but doesn't fix the issue of wanting to pay with rs3 gold from my main for membership on FSW , bonds do not share the same pouch from eoc to osrs and neither does currency so that would require having gold on osrs ... which i do not fancy playing for 10+ hours per bond in a game server i dont usually play just to keep my membership up for the entire duration of FSW which is part of RS3

18-Aug-2022 15:23:26 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2022 15:42:28 by KARA_MElR

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd rather they just say 'hey, if you create an account after 12th sept, jump in the Fresh Start portal at the G/E to start your adventure!' and have the feature close just as the event ends.

That way we don't have to find a work-around like getting a bond in OSRS (which will result in a bunch of 'RS3 gold to OSRS gold' scams, for sure). I reckon this was by design though, cash only, bonds don't make the company money. I still don't know how I feel about it.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

18-Aug-2022 15:55:46 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2022 16:00:58 by SlR

KARA_MElR
Nov Member 2021

KARA_MElR

bonds do make the company money...
... someone at some point has to pay IRL for me to pay in GP

But yeah there is gonna be a lot of scams happening just for people trying to do the work around trading rs3-osrs gp for a bond (and breaking rules to do so) when they could just add a way for us to interact with mains for the solo purpose of bond transfers or an option to type out the players name you are trying to send the bond to (or a right click friends list option) ...many fixes that would help the players do what they need to but i guess not a concern for devs who are likely busy working on the next MTX

18-Aug-2022 16:10:27

KARA_MElR
Nov Member 2021

KARA_MElR

The bigger issue at heart was actually wanting to use my rs3 gp to buy bonds and fund two friends (alongside myself) to play the FSW without them having to part with any cash for the first month who would be completely new to the game , i could think of no better time to introduce them to the game than starting out in a completely fresh server surrounded by people all in the same state of progression.

gifting bonds to friends and new players so that they could get a taste of the game and members content was originally the idea of bonds being implemented and with the FSW being along the lines of the same idea (to get new players into the game) it is very disappointing that this aspect seems to have gone overlooked

Sadly this is looking like it will not be an option so i guess thats two potential future players that will not be coming along for the ride unless there is some afterthought or changes that will make it possible. :(

18-Aug-2022 16:55:27

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do understand your point but what will a 4 month membership cost? US $25?

It seems to me to be a pretty reasonable rate for the hours of play and entertainment?

If you can fund the whole Fresh Start time with bonds from you main it might be worth it of course.

If you can only use one bond to start it I would suggest paying IRL money as it will be a drag always having to raise GP for bonds in a world that is all new and you don't have access to many areas and abilities yet.

GL and I do hope you get to bring friends if it's something they would like to do with you.

27-Aug-2022 00:14:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KARA_MElR said :
As an RS3 free to play member (bond user) since late 2013 and boredom with my main account creeping in due to being very close to comp stats i was looking greatly forward to taking part in the FSW for a few months and hopefully looting some great rewards and possibly a leader board /top 100 reward too ...

One thing made me greatly concerned and the question is as simple as the title....

"Will it be possible in any way to take part in the FSW using bonds transferred from my main account to fund the membership on the FSW account?"

... with the fresh worlds and main game being completely disconnected unless you opt out of the FSW mode i see no way to interact between the two accounts to transfer bonds or membership... sadly this makes me feel i may not be able to partake in an otherwise amazing and refreshing game mode without parting with IRL cash to do so.

The great news is the answer to your question is just ABSOLUTELY YES.

27-Aug-2022 02:30:15

Quick find code: 16-17-496-66260440 Back to Top