Forums

On the new potential skill

Quick find code: 16-17-402-66268719

Metal Owneg
Apr Member 2023

Metal Owneg

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love a new skill.

My thought on a new skill would incorporate, archeology, paleontology and resurrection or something like it.

Only just popped into my mind, but this is roughly how it would go. Incorporating a majority of the skills, you would receive drops from PVMing and mining and so on, and these drops would provide map like clues on where you can look for an item or a lost artifact or a bone and when you have the set you can combined them, or something of the sorts, to resurrect whatever those items hold within. These resurrected creatures and or items would hold specific helpful boosts that would aid the player within normal skilling.

Normal skilling would see locations somewhere like the dig site, fossil island and the dessert. Where you would incorporate current skills in reconstructing items and finding items, also having the potential of finding rare items.

Items could be used in your POH for new teleports, enhancing your altar and new items to put in your skilling room or all around your POH. New runes could be added for the aid of resurrections. Resurrected creatures could aid in PVMing, item collection and transportation. Mining could be incorporated into certain areas you can dig. Smithing also with putting pieces back together.

Resurrected creatures could consist of lost lineages of creatures, fossilized remains of current creatures, mummies and other Egyptian creatures and so on. These creatures could help from item storage, to aiding in PVMing by boosting skills or transportation.

Yes, it does come across a bit like summoning, I understand. But all content from this skill would only aid in PVMing or skilling, not increasing CB. Like I said, this was just a thought and I'm not able to put it all down on here, but I thought I'd create the conversation.

I believe a new skill would be awesome, and yes, I remember when summoning destroyed the game, but I did enjoy that skill and I would say Jagex would have learnt their lesson from it

11-Dec-2022 01:30:38

JoeFriday
Aug Member 2009

JoeFriday

Posts: 4,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm thinking it has something to do with herbs, why would we need to be able to pick 300 plus herbs per herb run if we wanted to? If they do another update to a skill where you gain more of those items through a reward activity like the garden of kharid, I would guess these are little hints that many people are taking for granted. Then again, that is hard to say, i wouldn't tell you to go out and buy 100k of each type of clean herb because I really don't know either. At least with invention and arch they talked about it on those live streams, nowadays I don't have time for them, have they dropped any hints on those? Thanks for any info.

12-Dec-2022 07:57:01

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JoeFriday said :
I'm thinking it has something to do with herbs, why would we need to be able to pick 300 plus herbs per herb run if we wanted to? If they do another update to a skill where you gain more of those items through a reward activity like the garden of kharid, I would guess these are little hints that many people are taking for granted. Then again, that is hard to say, i wouldn't tell you to go out and buy 100k of each type of clean herb because I really don't know either. At least with invention and arch they talked about it on those live streams, nowadays I don't have time for them, have they dropped any hints on those? Thanks for any info.

Herb drops have been heavily reduced from monster drops, and I believe they were entirely removed from bosses recently. To make up for that deficit skillers were given more power and control over herbs with farming. It was an update to benefit skillers and encourage more people to do farm runs.

12-Dec-2022 19:45:37

Quick find code: 16-17-402-66268719 Back to Top