Forums

th "improvements"

Quick find code: 16-17-352-66251514

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you only "bought stuff from oddments store when it was on sale for 50 or 75% off" then you would not have participated in the Oddments Store very often as 50 or 75% off sales only happened like a few days a year.

Oddments Stores sales and TH are two different beasts anyway. Oddments Stores items are used in numerous ways, and oddments come from numerous sources outside TH.

23-Apr-2022 16:45:00

EH H0LE
Apr Member 2017

EH H0LE

Posts: 1,649 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2 things i noticed
1)The number of portable items received from portable packs has been reduced.
Any unopened portable packs acquired before April 25th will not be impacted.

so does this mean were going to have 2 different stacks of each one?

2)Protean Packs have been replaced with Protean-specific items.

who the hell asked for this? so when we get 1k cogs we loose some cause we have to convert them?

23-Apr-2022 17:12:58

Mystic Jazz
Sep Member 2011

Mystic Jazz

Posts: 521 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you only "bought stuff from oddments store when it was on sale for 50 or 75% off" then you would not have participated in the Oddments Store very often as 50 or 75% off sales only happened like a few days a year.

Oddments Stores sales and TH are two different beasts anyway. Oddments Stores items are used in numerous ways, and oddments come from numerous sources outside TH.

You must not check the oddments store every day cause Treasure Hunter Keys, Medium Prismatic Lamps and Medium Prismatic Stars are on sale at 50% and 75% almost every week sometimes multiple days in the week. Otherwise I would have hundreds of thousands of oddments... I only have 50k.. And the oddments store and TH are very much linked together.. I am not sure what world you live in
Dilbert2001
??? Not the real world apparently.. And um tell me where else do you get oddments other than TH... The only other place I have seen them is as a reward from Yak track tasks...

23-Apr-2022 18:16:48 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2022 18:19:16 by Mystic Jazz

Mystic Jazz
Sep Member 2011

Mystic Jazz

2 things i noticed
1)The number of portable items received from portable packs has been reduced.
Any unopened portable packs acquired before April 25th will not be impacted.

so does this mean were going to have 2 different stacks of each one?

2)Protean Packs have been replaced with Protean-specific items.

who the hell asked for this? so when we get 1k cogs we loose some cause we have to convert them?

Yes I agree with you
EH H0LE
so this is also a nerf I didn't specify in my post... and there are other nerfs in there as well I just mentioned the one item because I think that is the worst offender

23-Apr-2022 18:21:46 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2022 18:24:36 by Mystic Jazz

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Given repeated complaints about the advantages and economic issues caused by being able to get so much stuff from oddments and TH, a nerf in that regard isn't unwarranted even if the preferable way of doing it is debatable.

Personally, if they're going to nerf portables I'd rather have them all converted into guild buff items like they did with luminite injectors. It'd help with bank crowding if they weren't all set up at the same time in the same areas.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

23-Apr-2022 19:30:38

Eliuaustin

Eliuaustin

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My thoughts, not that they matter:

a. This is definitely a nerf, but I personally don't mind nerfing TH and making the game even just a little bit less pay-to-win. Although admittedly I will be less motivated to log in daily to use my daily key.

b. Happy that my current stack of portable packs is (apparently) not going to depreciate.

c. As a F2P-only player, it is nice to see the Spring Cleaner added. I already got one a while ago, but newer f2p players were at a disadvantage for not being able to get one. (Now we just need a way to get warpriest and golem outfits again.)

d. Also relating to F2P players, removing the stars sales is going to make getting elite skilling outfits a lot harder. I suppose we'll have to see what they mean by lowering the price 'slightly.'

e. Legendary pets for Oddments is nice; better than paying for Runecoins or having to fill out sketchy surveys.

f. For the consolidated 'packs,' it would be nice to still have the option to buy individual parts, perhaps with a bundle discount.

g. UX improvements much appreciated.
Soli Deo Gloria

23-Apr-2022 20:24:05

Mystic Jazz
Sep Member 2011

Mystic Jazz

people are missing my point of the post ... It is in labeling this update as an improvement... It is clearly a nerf.. I am not a fan of these transactions ever since the introduction of squeal of fortune... But I will take advantage of them since they are in game for everyone... However trying to couch this change as an improvement is entirely wrong imo. They should say we made an error and we are rebalancing the way oddments work in conjunction with TH rewards

23-Apr-2022 20:26:36

Mystic Jazz
Sep Member 2011

Mystic Jazz

Address some balancing and in-game economy issues with certain items, such as Silverhawk Feathers.

So for people who have stocked up in nerfed items such as silverhawk feathers notepaper and springs this might actually be a nice profit maker for them

23-Apr-2022 20:31:25

Quick find code: 16-17-352-66251514 Back to Top