Forums

FSW - My two cents worth

Quick find code: 16-17-322-66261105

Cruusader
Sep Member 2017

Cruusader

Posts: 1,043 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’m an 18 year veteran of RuneScape, a somewhat casual player now. I struggle to engage in the current game currently as I’m a completionist and struggle to find a motivation to carry on.

When I got the email about fresh worlds after being inactive for some time, I got rather excited. Due to being busy at the time, I opened the email, read the first few lines and saved it for later. During this time, my mind was running wild on the possibilities of a Fresh Start world. Fresh stats, fresh high score, fresh economy, fresh friends, fresh motivation and even fresh party hats??… what more could I want. Seems a little too good to be true.

Only to revisit the email to become a little confused. Reading the news post on the RuneScape Website, my heart sank. All that excitement for being able to start fresh in a level playing field with other and new like minded ‘scrapers vanished. Fresh Worlds are only temporary! We play in the atmosphere for 3 months! What a waste of time.

I made some assumptions and got these wrong, but what is the driver of this? Why would anyone want to do this for three months? Especially now that all rewards will be obtainable in the main game. Great, your targeting bring back former and new players. Why do they need to be introduced to a new world? Can these benefits not exist to a new account in the main game??

Personally, I’m still fixated by an actual Fresh Start. Why can we create an actual, permanent fresh start? Let us compete again to get to the top, with a new economy, new high scores & new sense of achievement. This is the ultimate for me. I’ll quickly become a ‘full time’ player again trying to max my new account.

Better yet, this is something that could happen every so often. Open a new fresh start world every year, or two or even five. Set up events where the fresher world compete against each other and the main game for rewards. What better way to keep the game relevant and competitive.

Maybe I’m dreaming.

~Cruu

Discord: Cruu#3475

27-Aug-2022 11:19:01 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2022 11:23:55 by Cruusader

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FSW is aimed at new and long lapsed players to REDISCOVER RS3. I believe you got the email on your alt but not the account your are posting with and has been member since 2017, right?

For new players or long lapsed players, FSW is perfect for them as they can bring everything they obtain from the 4 months (or less if they plan to leave for the RS3 sooner) there to the main game. Essentially FSW is the expanded tutorial island with fast progress and wonderful perks to them before they set foot in the new and even better main game RS3.

27-Aug-2022 17:05:26

Squirrlee
Jun Member 2021

Squirrlee

Posts: 56 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cruu, I have felt from the start that someone somewhere said Fresh Start meaning what you said. Then I feel Jagex took that and made this Jump Start World. I can understand Jagex not wanting to start a new set of servers to basically end up with a parallel world at some point. Sure, there would be some differences but overall, it would eventually end up the same.

27-Aug-2022 18:02:08

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FSW and new servers or new games based on Jagex's current games are two different things. I don't see anywhere they said now they have FSW so they may never have permanent servers or new games based on RS3 and OSRS.

27-Aug-2022 20:40:55

Quick find code: 16-17-322-66261105 Back to Top