Forums

new range/mage gear?

Quick find code: 16-17-139-66265599

gaiania
Aug Member 2009

gaiania

Posts: 243 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does anyone know if there are any plans about new Range/mage gear in the near future?
We just got the new vestments of havoc set with the zamorak boss so I was wondering if there are any plans for any similar Range/mage armours?
I kind of think that we could use a set of Mage and Range gear like we have the tier 90 masterwork that we can make on our own and repair in the poh like masterwork.
As it is now there are only high level mage/range gear (90 and above) that either degrade to dust or are so expensive to buy and repair that it is out of reach for most players(I do know that serenic is quite cheap at the moment but it degrades to dust)
So if anyone has heard any rumors about new Range/mage gear I would love to know about it.

31-Oct-2022 09:45:47

itsbeer30
Sep Member 2022

itsbeer30

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I %100 agree with you. Why is there no equivalent to masterwork armor for range and mage? I refuse to spend millions on something that will just vanish or has to be fed very expensive items to recharge so I am sitting here with t90 melee armor and stuck in t80 magic and range armor.

31-Oct-2022 12:33:59

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
itsbeer30 said :
Why is there no equivalent to masterwork armor for range and mage?

Simple: because Masterwork was part of the Mining/Smithing rework, and the skills for making Ranged/Magic equipment are yet to get a similar one. I fully expect that, when Woodcutting/Fletching and Crafting/Runecrafting finally get the reworks they need to bring them into parity with Mining/Smithing, they'll get armour sets that are 1:1 with Masterwork.

31-Oct-2022 18:44:55

DarthChosen
Apr Member 2017

DarthChosen

Posts: 632 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
personally i dont see the need to have a masterwork equivalent for ranged and mage.

each style has its own qualities and brings things to the table.
(magic: tank animate dead) (range: mainly bak bolts is what range brings)
(melee: masterwork and bleeds)

as for whats been said about the current range and mage armors, theyve talked in stream about wanting to remove degrade to dust items entirely. whether it be making things similar to equipment patches or straight up removing them for other items.
pssst....we know who you are. Hail Sithis!

04-Nov-2022 03:45:14

gaiania
Aug Member 2009

gaiania

Posts: 243 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DarthChosen that was a really interesting piece of info about them talking about removing degrade to dust and I had not heard about it before,so thanks so much for that info and all we can do is wait and see if they make it so.I can understand if they wan't to keep the repair patches for the elite tier 92 sets,but I do think that they should make the normal tier 90 gears degrade as normal and just let us repair them in the poh for coins like we do with so many other kinds of gear.
Thanks anagin for your feedback :D

04-Nov-2022 12:20:41

Quick find code: 16-17-139-66265599 Back to Top