Forums

Bug in Tome of Um

Quick find code: 15-16-886-66285581

Gridenough
Dec Member 2007

Gridenough

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't find a bug fix request place, so I am placing this in this forum, hoping it will be noticed. The Tome of Um is supposed to transport bones of killed monsters to the ritual storage chest. The chat box says this is happening, but it is not.

At first I thought I was mistaken about how many dagonath bones I should have earned in my ritual storage chest, but I just checked this out. At the beginning of an hour I had 295 bones in the ritual storage chest. At the end of an hour of combat in which I killed enough dags to earn 415,973 talent points and had numerous messages that the bones were sent to the ritual store, I found that the actual count in the chest was still 295! This is not helping at all! Can this be fixed soon? I will have a hard time getting bones for communion if those bones just disappear into nothingness.

20-Aug-2023 20:23:44

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are killing normal dagonath so they drop normal bones and yes, they should be transported but check your bonecrusher settings.

Dagonath bones are different and dropped by the kings but they get auto noted anyway if you done the tasks.

Normal bones are not really that good for rituals.

20-Aug-2023 22:24:42

Gridenough
Dec Member 2007

Gridenough

I checked the bone crusher and Dagonath is NOT checked. Yet, I am still getting messages that the bones are being sent to focus storage, but no bones arrive there.

This message should not show in the chat box unless bones ARE being sent to the focus storage.

22-Aug-2023 00:46:30

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gridenough said :
I checked the bone crusher and Dagonath is NOT checked. Yet, I am still getting messages that the bones are being sent to focus storage, but no bones arrive there.

This message should not show in the chat box unless bones ARE being sent to the focus storage.

Sorry I think I explained it badly, you are killing monsters that drop NORMAL bones, they are called Dagonath but they do not drop Dagonath bones. Check how many normal bones are in your box, go kill a few more and the number of normal bones will have gone up.

Dagonath kings are the boss monsters that drop Dagonath bones and they do not auto go into storage but if you have done the Fremmic tasks then they will be auto noted anyway.

Edit: also check your storage box is not full as it does not hold that many different items, if full the normal bones may be going into your bank., either way it's the normal bones you need to be counting.

22-Aug-2023 01:17:16 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2023 01:24:16 by Mini JIT

Gridenough
Dec Member 2007

Gridenough

Oh, man, this is really dumb. Why would daggaonath not drop dagonnath bones? You are right, that plain normal bones are just about worthless. I have wasted a lot of time killing daggonath. I guess dragons will be the next thing to try. Are there other creatures that drop bones that are not identified. I can select rat bones or wolf bones or all sorts of other special bones. It is really strange that a creature that is 67 to 72 level would drop the same bones as a level 5 guard.

Thanks for clarifying.

22-Aug-2023 03:22:30

Quick find code: 15-16-886-66285581 Back to Top