Forums

Hero Pass - Compromise Ideas

Quick find code: 15-16-794-66286673

Anroy
Mar Member 2024

Anroy

Posts: 971 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably the biggest concerns with Hero Pass as it exists today have to do with the buffs to Zamorak and the clue scroll skips.

With the clue scroll skip, I would limit its use to only Easy-Hard/Elite clue scrolls to keep the level of challenge for master clues.

When it comes to Zamorak, I would suggest a new "super easy" mode for Zamorak which can be bought with Hero Pass. This "super easy" mode would have the following characteristics:

-No loot
-20% damage reduction across the dungeon
-Familiars going into the fight do not vanish on death
-Players can get some reimbursement for supplies like potions, food, etc.
-Ability to teleport anywhere in the Zamorak dungeon/boss from the beginning
-Training HUD system, eg. popups that instruct the player what to do with each mechanic

Thoughts and feedback welcome.

07-Sep-2023 18:26:47

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, it is fine how it is at the moment, only thing that needs to change, is players to stop thinking and pretending like they're forced to do hero pass.

The 20% damage buff is no different than buffing skills to higher xp gains, just because it is PVM and some people are upset over that, does not mean it should be removed as one of the buffs.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

07-Sep-2023 18:38:53

Anroy
Mar Member 2024

Anroy

Posts: 971 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
No, it is fine how it is at the moment, only thing that needs to change, is players to stop thinking and pretending like they're forced to do hero pass.

The 20% damage buff is no different than buffing skills to higher xp gains, just because it is PVM and some people are upset over that, does not mean it should be removed as one of the buffs.

I agree with a lot of this, but at the end of the day, the game needs a healthy number of players to stick around. If reworking the buffs to be more in line with Jagex's own stated goals with them, by all means they should go for it.

07-Sep-2023 19:13:10

Quick find code: 15-16-794-66286673 Back to Top