Forums

Recent Updates

Quick find code: 15-16-786-66292020

Boss Geralt
Mar Member 2018

Boss Geralt

Posts: 97 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Updated below* The highest of highs were witnessed when Necromancy released, however, this was short lived and I am sad to see the most recent What's happening in December; post is literally an advertisement for MTX.

The most recent updates, in November and December have led to one of the lowest of lows with regards to my enjoyment across my 20 years in the great game of RuneScape 3 (in my humble opinion).

Furthermore, the weekly December buffs are ok at best and nothing new, but I guess it's nice that they stack.... trying to find the positive here.

What is the strategy here with these recent updates? Aside from having even your most devout players steadily losing interest in this beautiful game which is becoming stale fast and while angering the anti-MTX crowd even more?

I understand that with the removal of Hero Pass (which I didn't mind), there was 100% going to be something else that had to replace it for Jagex, as they too have to earn money somehow ... however we have simply been left with a Christmas Village (which is cool) and a "Here's a Combat Beta #2, cya next year".

I remain confounded, truly confused, at the strategy of these recent updates Jagex has released.

Have the creative idea's simply run out at Jagex HQ?

Have they lost touch with the playerbase who consistently want the combat system to be balanced ASAP now?

Or, do they simply not care anymore and just want to grab as much money from the player base as possible with intermittent lackluster updates and call it a day?

1. The most recent Boss release is incredibly underwhelming.

2. There have been 0 updates to the City of Um's task set or anything related to that new city.

3. There are endless combat balancing Beta's which don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Finally, I really hope Jagex has a ace up it's sleeve for January, as this game is becoming boring fast in it's current state given the recent "updates".

Share your thoughts here.
~The White Wolf

18-Dec-2023 19:30:17 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2023 22:45:35 by Boss Geralt

Magic Pengel
Sep Member 2022

Magic Pengel

Posts: 1,915 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel like the vibes and festivity this year are actually quite contrary to your posting. While I'm sure a smaller majority feel similarly, most of my community appears to be in high spirits and chugging along well ^_^ .

Ultimately, most of us whom have been around awhile and stuck around here even today understands that at this point, RS3 has MTX is pushed hard and despite how far we engage with these promos, nothing about that will change. As a business, Jagex needs to prioritize it for this game version - which makes OSRS even more appealing to the other players' mindset.

I don't mind the MTX announcements and the occasional "true" game updates. I'm just pleased that we're receiving, debatably-yes, higher quality content over something designed just for the sake of development.
- (Owner) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

18-Dec-2023 20:50:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OP, in case if you don't notice, TH promotions are previewed in official news posts regularly, especially on TWIR, for perhaps over a year. It is nothing new or recent.

Since we don't have more TWIR updates the rest of the year, they just put in a non-TWIR news post on this Monday.

19-Dec-2023 01:35:38

Boss Geralt
Mar Member 2018

Boss Geralt

Posts: 97 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok fine, good people, my bad - I have read your feedback and I can appreciate it.

Also, based on the most recent news post, it looks better. Thus, I will retract my original statement ... (most of my original statement) and just hope for some exciting new content ahead in the year 2024.

I'm sure Jagex HQ has an ACE or 2 up their sleeve.

With that said, perhaps I have simply been spoiled by partaking in the EPIC updates of early-mid 2023 such as Necromancy release and associated quests & 2 Necro bosses. Let us not forget the prior VERY EPIC 11/10 updates of 2022 such as Lord Zamorak, accidental skilling, and two of my fav quests: Extinction and Twilight of the Gods, to name a few.

I will hold the year 2022 as the benchmark of Excellence, based on this single wiki page https://runescape.wiki/w/Game_updates .

In summary, I still find the most recent boss release of Vorkath to be very underwhelming in comparison to 2022. Further, I wish the 100% skewed imbalance of Combat at this time in rs3 would be addressed swiftly with buffs to Melee, Magic, and even Range - as I know many of us would. I say this as a user of Necromancy 99% of the time since it's release.
~The White Wolf

22-Dec-2023 22:43:45 - Last edited on 22-Dec-2023 22:46:01 by Boss Geralt

Quick find code: 15-16-786-66292020 Back to Top