Forums

City of Um Tome 2 Task BROKEN

Quick find code: 15-16-617-66285962

Melizor
Jun Member 2004

Melizor

Posts: 906 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The “My Undead Can Beat Up Your Undead” achievement has become Mission Impossible.

No matter how many times I use a Putrid Zombie in the Varrock Sewers while fighting zombies, nothing registers. This is the final task to complete before getting the Tome 2.

I’ve even eliminated my abilities taskbars and armor to have the zombies last a bit longer, and my Putrid Zombie gets in some shots. Yet no matter how many times I do this, nothing works.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

27-Aug-2023 11:55:09

Melizor
Jun Member 2004

Melizor

Posts: 906 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OK, finally done. Seems I've had a lot more luck after switching to the Vengeful Ghost, rather than the Putrid Zombie (which in fact turned out to be really Putrid in terms of completing this task). Go figure.

27-Aug-2023 16:37:41

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Melizor said :
OK, finally done. Seems I've had a lot more luck after switching to the Vengeful Ghost, rather than the Putrid Zombie (which in fact turned out to be really Putrid in terms of completing this task). Go figure.

Good to see it is actually Mission Possible.

I had to try a few times on this task too but that's because I tried it at higher Necromancy levels (after 50 Necromancy) and the Varrock Sewers undead are low levels and died in a hit or two. However, it was actually very easy when I switched to tier 10 Death Guard and Offhand. :)

27-Aug-2023 16:54:29

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ladyolake said :
i actually switched to do ghosts also.. was easier. did it lvl 70 weapons/armor.

"The 'My Skeleton Can Beat Up Your Skeleton' achievement from the easy City of Um area task set and the 'My Undead Can Beat Up Your Undead' achievement from the medium City of Um area task set are both no longer location specific."

Actually it shouldn't be a problem now as we can pick on high level skeletons and zombies anywhere to complete these tasks following the update this morning.

29-Aug-2023 19:48:49

Cb555
Apr Member 2011

Cb555

Posts: 3,544 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recall just punching a zombie then equip necro weps & conjuring before attacking again to do this one just to make sure it worked first time. With the changes to allow undead other than zombies & subsequently any level/area too you shouldn't need to mess around now though, just pick a target that doesn't die too quickly, attack once, then conjure.

29-Aug-2023 22:27:02

Quick find code: 15-16-617-66285962 Back to Top