Forums

Launch issues

Quick find code: 15-16-597-66281274

MaraDerkholm

MaraDerkholm

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have spent hours working on this - I am so done with Runescape right now. At first the launcher was working fine, then last night when I clicked on it all I got was a white screen. I searched but couldn't find anything PC-related, but I tried things and I got that working and was able to switch characters and log in. Now when I click on the play button - I get three dots then it goes back to play and Runescape doesn't launch. I have searched the website (and have had to check mail (I don't want to use authenticator) MULTIPLE times for codes) and the help for the launcher is pitiful compared to how many issues people are having with it. I tried repairing the launcher - uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher (all of these multiple times). I managed to FINALLY get it to log in with my main (not even going to try alternates again) and after loading fully an error popped up:-rs2client.exe - Application error
The instruction at 0x00007FF7AFB7691D referenced memory at 0x(all zeros). The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program. When I terminated the program, my desktop background was white and I could not switch to any windows (although they were on my start bar and if I hovered they were there). I restarted - cleared the task manager of anything rs or jagex related and hopefully am in. But this whole experience has really been awful and I have no confidence that it won't break again.
When you do something massive like a launcher - consider upping your FAQs or customer service options to include newer issues or errors that you might not be aware are happening. I play for relaxation and fun. Multiple hours of fruitless troubleshooting are not either.

04-Jun-2023 21:09:20

Quick find code: 15-16-597-66281274 Back to Top