Forums

Feedback release Hero Pass

Quick find code: 15-16-544-66286523

Sad Ends
Aug Member 2023

Sad Ends

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

I would like to provide my honest feedback on the release of the Hero Pass. It's great to see your commitment to content! I believe the Hero Pass is a valuable addition to the daily content of RS3. I appreciate the inclusion of most cosmetics and the buffs, as well as the combat XP boost, which adds an enjoyable element to the content. However, it's unfortunate that the boost for necromancy combat is disabled, while there has been a nerf to rituals to maintain combat XP balance, leaving no compensation to boost combat XP.

A few things have caught my attention that we find somewhat challenging. Firstly, the Hero Pass replaces challenges, but the rewards don't seem to hold the same value as what was initially offered. Additionally, we may be missing some originality in the Hero Pass rewards. The cosmetics offered as rewards seem very similar and lack diversity. It's disappointing to see this because offering truly unique cosmetics as rewards would make us more inclined to purchase the Hero Pass.

I don't purchase the Hero Pass, why? Because I won't spend €15 on rewards that don't enhance my in-game experience. There are some rewards missing that might encourage the community to buy the Hero Pass. Some extra creativity at its core might be beneficial.

I'm also curious about how others view the Hero Pass. Are there rewards that truly enhance the in-game experience that you can implement? I'm interested to know.

If I were to rate it on a scale of 1-10, it would personally score a modest 5.5 for me. Perhaps I'm being critical and looking at it negatively, but I just don't see the value in purchasing it for 3 bonds or a 12-month Premier Membership.

I hope you find this feedback helpful.
Love for mmo’s

05-Sep-2023 11:36:05

BerryWeather
Nov Member 2021

BerryWeather

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
when compared to yak tracks and daily challenges which both were replaced by it , I see why many players are not very happy with the hero pass; that definitely includes all the iron players who will dearly miss their daily challenge xp, but also includes everyone who already has premier membership and now compares the benefits from the current hero pass with the benefits from yak tracks of the past.

Yak track
- offered very varied cosmetics/titles
- repeatable end tasks after the final level were "earn 60 skill n kill points", i.e. 3h of active playing
- the time window to obtain a progress point in the skill n kill option was 3min to earn 1xp in whichever skill; for every single level, there was an alternative, skill-specific option to earn progress faster (which motivated me e.g. to train prayer, cooking, firemaking or divination which I otherwise wouldn't have done)
- achieving given levels of the yaktrack offered +5%, +10%, +15% and 20% xp on everything

hero pass
- offers repetitive cosmetics/titles
- repeatable end tasks after the final level are "earn 3000 hero points", i.e. 12.5h of active playing
- the time window to obtain 4 hero points is 1min only; and there is no skill-specific option to speed point gain up in any way
- achieving given levels of the hero pass will offer +2% for only one skill group at the start up to, close to the very end, +13% for everything that actually belongs to a skill group (i.e. not for invention)

On a side note, Jagex did say in their news post that they intend to learn from player feedback on this hero pass for improving the next one.

So let's all provide constructive feedback and hope the next hero pass will feel more rewarding than this one.

One idea: irons already have a ton of oddments and nothing to spend them on. Now they're getting even more oddments. Offer a black dye (because buying prismatic dye for runecoins doesn't contain black at all) in the oddments store.

05-Sep-2023 12:06:43

Fal Daith
Jun Member 2022

Fal Daith

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Main issues I got is:

1. Release on a monday, therefor we can't get our rewards from this week Challenges, and we got 2 days for weekly 2500 points.
Therefor as feedback: Don't release Hero Passes on Monday, but on Wednesday.

2. No treasure keys reward (I miss my +3)
Therefor as feedback: Give a key with the 3 tiers of daily challenge.

3. Hero Pass is less daily, more grindy.
Therefor as feedback: Give more random special request, like: Participate X in a DnD or get X bosskills.

05-Sep-2023 13:39:00 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2023 14:04:43 by Fal Daith

Cardsteph
Jul Member 2007

Cardsteph

Posts: 58 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed Yak - bit I know many others did not. So understand the attempt to find an alternative. There are many issues with it that I wont repeat because others have all done so. As with Yak if you don't not like heros you simply don't do it.

The biggest issue is the removal of daily challenges - which Yak never did. These were great as they let you target specific skills and also increase treasure hunter keys. Heros simply does not replace either of those things in the game.

So essentially it has removed a feature we all liked and found useful. If it had just replaced Yak there would have been less objections and more constructive criticism. If the daily challenges in Heros were changed to become closer to the old challenges, most of our objections would be withdrawn.

06-Sep-2023 02:20:27

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once again, the 3 month period with the 120 grindy levels isn't enough time for the average player to realistically unlock all rewards. hero pass should have been 3 times a year with a 4 month duration then casual players who can't grind 2 hrs a day for the tasks can manage to complete fully. The same issues the runepass and original yak track are arising once again in the hero pass. They won't take our feedback and will ignore it I bet,.

06-Sep-2023 10:21:37

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Once again, the 3 month period with the 120 grindy levels isn't enough time for the average player to realistically unlock all rewards. hero pass should have been 3 times a year with a 4 month duration then casual players who can't grind 2 hrs a day for the tasks can manage to complete fully. The same issues the runepass and original yak track are arising once again in the hero pass. They won't take our feedback and will ignore it I bet,.

I think we will have to have 4 Hero Pass/Yak Tracks a year, in lieu with the description of the Premier Club product.

06-Sep-2023 16:56:49

Quick find code: 15-16-544-66286523 Back to Top