Forums

A cosmetic that makes no sense

Quick find code: 15-16-280-66289029

Killingrl
Nov Member 2023

Killingrl

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been searching for a cosmetic override for my crossbow for a while now, so when I saw the "crossbone" override with the Halloween stuff, I was super excited. The info for it when I clicked on it didn't say anything about what it replaced, but common sense told me the thing that looked like a crossbow and has a name that's a crossbowXbone name should replace a crossbow....right? Nope. It's a bow. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known it wouldn't work for the one reason I got it. I'm assuming there's no way to return it and get something I'll actually use?

20-Oct-2023 10:05:05

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can go to your customization/Wardrobe and select the equipment slot of your choice (in your case weapon slot as you are checking for a crossbow). You will know not just Crossbone is not a crossbow, but also get to see how it looks on your cool character.

20-Oct-2023 17:26:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
all cosmetics iirc can be checked in the customization window before getting them.
you just set it to "not owned" and then search the name of the item.

Getting to see and try out the cosmetics being buying them is simply what the consumers need. It is great that we have such a service in RS3.

23-Oct-2023 17:33:23

Antigah
Apr Member 2005

Antigah

Posts: 4,542 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FYI: Overrides don't override specific weapons. They override based on combat style and if it's single handed, off handed, or two handed. For example, a claw override can be used on regular swords. When browsing for an override, I suggest using the advanced filter option to target the weapon you plan to override more accurately.

24-Oct-2023 21:48:44

Saryssa
Sep Member 2023

Saryssa

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The crossbone does override 2-handed crossbows.

It also overrides the other 2 handed ranged weapon (bows), just as bow overrides will work on 2-handed crossbows.

The crossbone does not override 1-handed crossbows - the crossbows we dual wield. For those you need 1-handed ranged cosmetics (both thrown overrides and 1-handed crossbow overrides would work to override 1-handed crossbows).
Cranky old woman

30-Oct-2023 17:39:06

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,446 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I agree. The cosmetic needs to be clarified.

This 100% agree.

Common sense and logic does say it will override a crossbow.
In real life it will be called misinformation.

30-Oct-2023 22:11:46

Quick find code: 15-16-280-66289029 Back to Top