Forums

So about the RoD nerf...

Quick find code: 15-16-203-66273436

Matuhar
Feb Member 2011

Matuhar

Posts: 644 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although negative feedback is to be expected when nerfing an item, the protests are IMO mostly warranted this time around. Current like-to-dislike ratio about today's update on RuneScape's official Discord server is about 7.76% to 92.24%. It's a standard mistake to buff an item where it becomes very good, almost a little busted, and then nerf it to the extend that it becomes mostly useless. I think this is the case with this RoD nerf. Making sign of life go off first might make some players consider removing their sign/cape when they're about to get "killed".

I'd suggest reverting the ring back but making the effect cost say 30% of an onyx as it used to before death rework.

Another solution would be to increase the bleed damage slightly from what it was with additional immunity to Animate Dead effect.

Another cool idea would be to extend your global ability cooldown to 4 or even 5 game ticks for the duration of ring's effect, making the rest of the kill slower and more tedious as a punishment for dying. Or you could make the solution a combination of these ideas.

Also, RoD should either go off before the Sign of Life or make it toggleable.

30-Jan-2023 20:33:22 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2023 20:39:23 by Matuhar

Nero dubstep
Jul Member 2012

Nero dubstep

Posts: 132 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, as a long playing non PVMer , ROD made PVM accessible to me. I Dont enjoy going with friends and getting instakilled / killed, while my friends progress the kill or have to stall to let me get back in.

ROD made PVM accessible and now its been ruined by the elitists.

Id propose its rolled back to pre nerf mechanics, but add a cooldown that cant be refreshed ( 5 mins / 10 mins) then also make it not work on enrage kills where getting enraged are an accolade same as instakill darts.

PVM was open for all and now its closed back to elitists where the noobs cant get a break.

30-Jan-2023 20:59:19

Quick find code: 15-16-203-66273436 Back to Top