Forums

Raptors Rampage

Quick find code: 15-16-163-66271466

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once per day throughout January we'll be able to get 3x 'rare drop' rolls on the first boss we kill each day. Speak to Raptor (wars retreat) to get this buff. Pet drops not included. Death touch darts work. They said they are going to test this out for a month, so don't miss out!

They feel like drop tables need adjusting, rare drops in particular (common/uncommon drops wont increase). Iron-men can take part. The buff wont apply to Telos and Arch Glacor since they work under a different drop system.

Discuss! what do you like / dislike, have you had any drops with it yet? :)
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

13-Dec-2022 17:26:57 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2023 13:17:16 by SlR

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Used up my first one on Croesus just to see if I'd get lucky with minimal effort, lol.
Result: nope! Details: public instance, score was 180 ish.
I'll try out a 'real' boss tomorrow.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

09-Jan-2023 13:19:39 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2023 13:20:55 by SlR

BerryWeather
Nov Member 2021

BerryWeather

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yesterday the update brought a significant nerf on ring of death, and also the new raptor's rampage event.

Thought I'd try it out in a safe place (as ring of death is no longer safe, it rather gets you killed because of the tick damage debuff and because it triggers before defence cape sign of life) and went for Arch-Glacor 5mech normal mode. And the raptor's favour buff icon stayed there but the buff didn't trigger. Even though wiki says only hardmode Arch-Glacor is exempt.

Then went to some random easy other boss, happened to have a General Graardor portal due to some past reaper task so killed Graardor, and the buff icon disappeared and told me I got nothing.

10-Jan-2023 06:31:46

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the first day I ran shadow reef to try it on the final boss. And got the worst drop by far. I made like 2.4M for the dungeon. It's so weak and sad.

I'll go back there, but the other days I tried it on Rex Matriarchs because I have a dinosaur task.

If I ever get a drop I'll be sure to report it. Don't want to be accused of dodging taxes. :P

11-Jan-2023 14:12:58

Knight Scope
Apr Member 2005

Knight Scope

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have now used Raptor's favour 5 times

Each time the same result:

"Raptor's Favour fades away without granting a rare reward."

3 x nothing is still nothing.

But I have seen already Jagex Billionaires getting multiple rare table drops using their perferred RNG that they brag about when they think no one is watching and the Jmods know it.

Instead of giving these suck-ups more, how about some real bad luck mitigation for the rest of us.

13-Jan-2023 21:56:07

Horsechaser
Feb Member 2010

Horsechaser

Posts: 4,200 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yep. Raptors favour is nothing more than more jagex hype. Nothing from it so far, so not like its having an impact at all. several times nothing is still nothing. why not make the rare drop rates a bit better instead of constantly nerfing them to the point where its nearly impossible to get one without doing hundreds or thousands of kills. Pounding the same boss hundreds or thousands of times over and over is pretty boring when you get nothing but garbage since they nerfed common boss drops. Almost like jagex is trying to kill bossing, as you cant get a rare unless you can fight bosses at impossible (except for a select few) enrages.

14-Jan-2023 19:17:18

Quick find code: 15-16-163-66271466 Back to Top