Forums

How do I get out of guest clan

Quick find code: 14-15-803-66291884

Agent Piroko
Jun Member 2023

Agent Piroko

Posts: 759 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The other day I walked past a large group of players just standing there. I stopped for a minute to see if anything was going on, if there'd be any public talking, but there was none, and I just figured it must be a clan, and the members were using their clan channel to be private. W/e, i went about my business. A bit later I noticed that none of my public chat was being displayed, and that my name in the chatbox was being displayed as "Agent Piroko (guest clan)". I soon figured out that I had to type a "/" in front of any text I wanted to say in public. Well, that's certainly not what I want, so I went off to the wiki to find out what to do, read everything there was regarding chat and clans, and just can't seem to find out what to do. Maybe I'm suddenly blind, or maybe there's been a change to the chat system that wasn't updated in the wiki, but in any case I'd sure like to know how to get rid of this mode and be able to chat publicly normally. Can anyone help me out please? Agent Piroko
(No, I'm not spying on you. In fact, I've never heard of you. Just stay calm and play OSRS.)

15-Dec-2023 03:50:11 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2023 04:12:06 by Agent Piroko

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Agent Piroko.

Typing /P at the start of a line and hitting enter should take you back to the 'All Chat' tab.

See this Wiki page for details:
https://runescape.wiki/w/Chat

See the "Chat Box" section.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

15-Dec-2023 08:54:07

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Agent Piroko

After looking into this a bit more, I'm wondering if in fact you are playing Oldschool Runescape using the Runelite client? (This is an RS3 forum, btw.)

If so, the solution is the same, type /p at the start of a line. In this case, it is a feature of Runelite, which is why you didn't find anything about it on the OSRS Wiki.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

15-Dec-2023 10:11:01

Quick find code: 14-15-803-66291884 Back to Top