Forums

Woodcutting item xp enhancer

Quick find code: 14-15-712-66284191

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
It is very useful for increasing the item level of your woodcutting tool. The higher the level of your tool, the more Invention xp you can get from siphoning or dissembling it.

This is categorically false.

If you hover over it, it says:

"Increases the item experience you gain while woodcutting by 50% for 10 minutes."

Meaning your augmented hatchet gains item experience 50% faster. When Woodcutting.

Just like it says.

27-Jul-2023 03:37:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is very useful for increasing the item level of your woodcutting tool. The higher the level of your tool, the more Invention xp you can get from siphoning or dissembling it.

"Increases the item experience you gain while woodcutting by 50% for 10 minutes."

Meaning your augmented hatchet gains item experience 50% faster. When Woodcutting.

Just like it says.

Item = "augmented item" if you want to be really picky, but practically it makes your augmented tool 50% faster xp rate to level up for Invention xp purpose the next 10 minutes,

27-Jul-2023 03:45:45

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Just like it says.

Item = "augmented item" if you want to be really picky, but practically it makes your augmented tool 50% faster xp rate to level up for Invention xp purpose the next 10 minutes,

Exactly what I said, and also how is it possible for an item that isn't augmented to gain item experience?

27-Jul-2023 08:09:16

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Just like it says.

Exactly what I said, and also how is it possible for an item that isn't augmented to gain item experience?

Some players may not know, especially if they haven't been playing since RS3 added invention. This can be the reason OP doesn't see the said enhancer doing anything. OP hasn't replied since them, perhaps we just will to see if he still has the problem.

27-Jul-2023 16:10:35

Carlobrand
Jan Member 2022

Carlobrand

Posts: 1,245 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, my woodcutting tool is a crystal hatchet, not augmented, so that might explain why the enhancer doesn't do anything. Not that I couldn't augment one, I guess, but it's in the toolbelt (oops) so doing up an augmented version would be a bit of work. Frankly, I can see little benefit in any of these enhancers. They're pretty narrowly focused.

28-Jul-2023 00:57:28

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, my woodcutting tool is a crystal hatchet, not augmented, so that might explain why the enhancer doesn't do anything. Not that I couldn't augment one, I guess, but it's in the toolbelt (oops) so doing up an augmented version would be a bit of work. Frankly, I can see little benefit in any of these enhancers. They're pretty narrowly focused.
Enhancing tools is worth the effort, particularly if you are training Invention.

The effects may seem small, but when you're collecting or processing thousands of resources, they add up to a huge effect.

If you have unlocked Ancient Invention via Archaeology, you will have access to a few extra abilities.

Honed 6, Fortune 3, and Imp Souled/Prosper on my mattock is immense.

~A~

28-Jul-2023 10:02:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Just like it says.

Some players may not know, especially if they haven't been playing since RS3 added invention. This can be the reason OP doesn't see the said enhancer doing anything. OP hasn't replied since them, perhaps we just will to see if he still has the problem.

I am glad this was exact the case with OP. Since thet now replied and confirmed what I wrote, I want to tell them they can retrieve the crystal hatchet rather easily:

"Players who wish to augment a crystal hatchet already on their tool belt may speak with Doc, who will remove it from the tool belt. He will only perform this service once."

https://runescape.wiki/w/Crystal_hatchet

29-Jul-2023 02:24:29

Carlobrand
Jan Member 2022

Carlobrand

Posts: 1,245 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am glad this was exact the case with OP. Since thet now replied and confirmed what I wrote, I want to tell them they can retrieve the crystal hatchet rather easily:

"Players who wish to augment a crystal hatchet already on their tool belt may speak with Doc, who will remove it from the tool belt. He will only perform this service once."

https://runescape.wiki/w/Crystal_hatchet

Thank you!!! :D

29-Jul-2023 20:05:55

Quick find code: 14-15-712-66284191 Back to Top