Forums

Question from Longtime Member

Quick find code: 14-15-623-66290827

OGRello
Nov Member 2023

OGRello

Posts: 429 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey community, I just got access to my old account after around a decade of not being able to do so and I noticed a few weird things and am wondering if anyone has any input. I can recognize the account by the skill levels in general, though my defense was changed to 1... lol. Today I got it up to 48. Also my name changed, and my character also changed from male to female. Perhaps my bank contents changed too, but I'm not stressed about some missing Santa hats and a couple OG party hats.

23-Nov-2023 07:18:06

OGRello
Nov Member 2023

OGRello

Posts: 429 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, I've already done both of these steps as they were required to re-access my account. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback about why:
1) My character name was changed,
2) My defense dropped to level 1,
3) My character changed from male to female.

23-Nov-2023 13:39:47

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. after a certain time of inactivity names are removed from 99% of accounts that reach that limit (the 1% is a select few for different reasons) either way yours just reached that limit

2. are you logging into correct game? (osrs and rs3 are 2 different games)
or you were hacked (and if this is rs3) they reduced your defense to lvl 1, as we can do that once. (this could also be why your account name was different if it wasnt an assortment of random numbers)

3. you are probably remembering it wrong it was over a decade ago you logged into it.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

23-Nov-2023 14:14:33 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2023 14:15:37 by Tenebri

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OGRello said :
Thanks, I've already done both of these steps as they were required to re-access my account. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback about why:
1) My character name was changed,
2) My defense dropped to level 1,
3) My character changed from male to female.
It is really '
a tad too obvious
' to ask these questions as you already gave the answer yourself knowing why you were '
not been able to access that account for a decade
'.
OGRello said :
Hey community,
I just got access to my old account after around a decade of not being able to do so
and I noticed a few weird things and am wondering if anyone has any input. I can recognize the account by the skill levels in general, though my defense was changed to 1... lol. Today I got it up to 48. Also my name changed, and my character also changed from male to female. Perhaps my bank contents changed too, but I'm not stressed about some missing Santa hats and a couple OG party hats.
There are multiple circumstances that makes it for you being unable to access your account.
It is superfluous to bring that up for speculation, key is ... you need to check your account status frequently ... check if everything is in good order and maintained in good order.

24-Nov-2023 10:12:59

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OGRello said :
Also my name changed, and my character also changed from male to female. Perhaps my bank contents changed too, but I'm not stressed about some missing Santa hats and a couple OG party hats.

Your name might get changed to something random with a numeric string by Jagex for various reasons. However, gender of your character shouldn't be changed naturally.

If you are talking about the character you are posting with now in the RSOF, your character with your hard earned 1,866 total levels is still in RS3. Go check it out and see if your Santa Hats and Party Hats are still there. You may find yourself a very rich player in RS3. Good Luck!

24-Nov-2023 16:25:29 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2023 16:55:51 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 14-15-623-66290827 Back to Top