Forums

Nick the Trader - end of DXP

Quick find code: 14-15-574-66280803

Epic Mike
Aug Member 2022

Epic Mike

Posts: 541 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just a general rant!

I was planning to spend my unused DXP time on Nick for bonus XP items. Logged in at 11:30 game time to find out that my ~7 hours remaining had been reduced to 30 mins and I could no longer trade it :(

Maybe remaining time should be auto converted in future.

29-May-2023 12:44:23

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The old saying goes " You snooze you lose "

Use it the day before and all will be well.

Better luck next time.

I had around 23 hours left and logged in with 2 hours. Not fussed as I did what I wanted to do with plenty of spare time.

Fixed a typo or did I????
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

29-May-2023 12:52:56 - Last edited on 29-May-2023 15:19:54 by Tuffty

Diablo 9Bark
Nov Member 2008

Diablo 9Bark

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On another note, I traded in some time for tokens with Nic, as I did last DXP and it was carried over. I had a few thousand points with Nic that i didn't purchase anything with, but just 1 hour after DXP ended saw some small blurb that RS is eliminating the carry over of Nic balances.

Not real happy that this was not well announced, would have liked to get something out of cashing in 10 hours this time and a few hours from last DXP...

07-Aug-2023 17:16:25

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Diablo 9Bark said :
On another note, I traded in some time for tokens with Nic, as I did last DXP and it was carried over. I had a few thousand points with Nic that i didn't purchase anything with, but just 1 hour after DXP ended saw some small blurb that RS is eliminating the carry over of Nic balances.

Not real happy that this was not well announced, would have liked to get something out of cashing in 10 hours this time and a few hours from last DXP...

It was well announced in July in the News before the start of DXP Live:

"PSA: Currently players can trade one hour a day of DXP time with Nic for credits, which can then be spent on items. Previously these credits unintentionally carried over between DXP periods, but this will no longer be the case - so be sure to spend all your credits before the end of the event!"

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/double-xp-live--logout-timer-extension---this-week-in-runescape

There were also discussions on this update in the RS Recent Game Update and Future Game Update threads previously. Perhaps if you have visited the official Runescape websitem and participated in the RSOF discussion you would have known earlier.

07-Aug-2023 17:27:27

Quick find code: 14-15-574-66280803 Back to Top