Forums

Game Rating

Quick find code: 14-15-487-66288181

Z om B1 e

Z om B1 e

Posts: 181 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I understand I post a lot and some on topics that should've been on future game content. I understand Jagex is a company that needs to make revenue and making a game for a player based community that everybody finds enjoyable and fun and playable one thing to get ratings from IGN or MMORPG top listed games should be that the company needs to understand the game that they have and the game that can be developed. I have a few more ideas. To make the game an attraction and to game a player base and revenue starts with organization and coming to a stand and sophisticated ground of understanding RuneScape, is that it has plenty of content that needs to be reworked and looked upon both successes of RuneScape and Old School RuneScape.
Another idea to organize is there's too many skills. Putting Hitpoints with Agility in one skill calling it Hitpoints and having Agility inside of Hitpoints keeping the skillcapes. The same goes for Herblore which Farming is inside of it. Hunter Inside of Slayer. Necromancy and Runecrafting inside of Magic. Sailing inside of Construction. All you do is build a boat like a house and Travel. Mining inside of Smithing. Cooking inside of Fishing. And Firemaking inside of Woodcutting. They all keep their skill capes and training skills according in different ways still earns you exp for whats outside and inside of skills.
The point is to not be complicated and complex and simple that players have fun and are attracted. Changing the ways stats look instead of a box with 99/99 it should be that on the stat bar icon tablet when clicked it will show you every skill. A Strength icon next to a slim rectangular box that is green when fill let's say 20/99 and fills completely to 99/99. An attack icon next to the box which is bright red and fills. And so forth to skills and color. When your stats are 99/99 keeping the numbers white when boosted they turn a bright green 119/99 and when lowered the numbers turn red 39/99. Runelite no, official Client needed.
Z om B1 e

02-Oct-2023 23:26:45

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HP is not a skill. Agility is a skill. You can't just "put" HP and Agility together.

Skills like Agility don't mean garbage to most games. Evidently they don't need them to get a much higher rating than Jagex's games.

02-Oct-2023 23:57:33

Saryssa
Sep Member 2023

Saryssa

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I first started playing RuneScape in 2004, what intrigued me most was the way the skills interact with each other. That's why I logged in for a second visit, and a third, and so on.

19 years later, and I do take breaks from RuneScape from time to time to play other games. What keeps me coming back to RuneScape is the way the skills interact with each other.

It's part of what makes this game unique.

Zombie, it seems to me that you don't actually like RuneScape, since you keep suggesting taking away or changing core elements of this game. Perhaps you should reconsider if RuneScape is really the right game for you, because honestly it sounds to me like it isn't.
Cranky old woman

03-Oct-2023 08:20:56

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Android Police just named RS3 the best MMORPG on Android in 2023 2 weeks ago:

https://www.androidpolice.com/best-mmorpgs-for-android/#:~:text=

Other famous household magazines like Sports Illustrated and PC Magazine also have RS3 on their best MMORPG in 2023 lists, updated within the past 2 months:

https://videogames.si.com/guides/best-mmos

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-pc-mmo-games

Evidently, RS3 still receives very high ratings for bona fide household sources, despite being old. RS3's doesn't have to do anything special with their classic skilling content, perhaps they can just make modern players to equate Necromancy to a class in most modern game then they are in great business with modern gamers.

03-Oct-2023 16:50:05

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

If we care to spend a little time on why the household consumer magazines rated RS3 so high, it is not hard to see they commonly referred to RS3's frequent updates, causal gameplays and friendly user community.

Old games like RS3 don't have to reinvent the wheel and put up crazy illogical content like Agility with HP. All they need to do is just to be the modernized old games they used to be known to the consumer world. Of course, getting rid of most bots, scammers , RWT and other bad apples will naturally expose the good community to the modern new players and score high grades from them without bogus advertising.

Don't you notice these popular consumer magazines don't just praise RS3 for any huggeee content like Necromancy? All of them like RS3, the full game as a whole, not just a piece of exaggerated content like Agility combined with HP. :)

05-Oct-2023 21:50:24 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2023 21:57:08 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 14-15-487-66288181 Back to Top