Forums

Rules surrounding spacebar Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-3-66287088

jdoggs back

jdoggs back

Posts: 170 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is it against the rules to use a object to weigh down the spacebar when Skilling ? Say making bows or smithing or just whatever I feel like it's kind of a grey area because it's not botting you still have full attention to the screen and control of the mouse just get tired of holding my arm out to hold the spacebar used to hold it with my toe when I had a cordless keyboard seems like everyone does it and no one really knows if it's allowed or not

13-Sep-2023 17:34:59

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, that would be against the Rules of RuneScape

From Rules of RuneScape :
Original message details are unavailable.
Macroing and third-party software/hardware

... It means using software or
hardware
that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself. Our games are meant to be played by humans - if you cheat, you are likely to be banned, even if it is the first time you have broken the rules.

If you have any doubt that something you are thinking of using could be considered breaking this rule our advice is to not use it. Play the game yourself, making sure you are in control of everything. It is simply not worth taking the risk.

Samora Kiba said :
Applying a plugin with one of the prohibited features to an approved client can still get you banned. The same applies for:
- auto-typers/clickers
- binding multiple keys to 1 key
- moving the cursor to a specific location upon keypress
- keyboard auto-repeat
- game mouse/keyboard macro’s
- oscillating fans
- training a crow
- a dippy bird mechanic
- taping your keys down

Any neat contraption that is not you providing input can be picked up a macroing, and no, pictures of a ruler strapped to a fan will not get you unbanned.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

13-Sep-2023 19:35:14

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jdoggs back said :
Is it against the rules to use a object to weigh down the spacebar when Skilling ? Say making bows or smithing or just whatever I feel like it's kind of a grey area because it's not botting you still have full attention to the screen and control of the mouse just get tired of holding my arm out to hold the spacebar used to hold it with my toe when I had a cordless keyboard seems like everyone does it and no one really knows if it's allowed or not
'
People also call this ‘botting.' It means using software or hardware that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself .
'

This is the core it all is about ... if you refuse to play RuneScape yourself and are seeking for means/tools to do it for you you will be punished accordingly after being discovered.

13-Sep-2023 20:26:20

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,052 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tren said :
It means using software or
hardware
that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself.

What If you make a huge button connected to the spacebar in the keyboard, put it in your chair, and then sit on it? Is that allowed?

15-Sep-2023 11:58:12

Xiagax
Nov Member 2014

Xiagax

Posts: 4,023 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, it's 2023 and people are still trying to find ways to skirt around automation rules

Bertel62 said :
Tren said :
It means using software or
hardware
that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself.

What If you make a huge button connected to the spacebar in the keyboard, put it in your chair, and then sit on it? Is that allowed?

If you have to start asking for every specific use case, then your probably in the wrong. As Tren has already laid out, if your not the one playing and you have some odd contraption doing it for you, that would be construed as macroing.

The point of the game is that you play it, however casual or hardcore is up to you. But when we start trying to skirt around rules for a work around then you're not really playing the game as intended, now are we?
I have a
Youtube
Channel:
Xiagax

I'm unfortunately too busy to finish with a witty response

16-Sep-2023 03:32:14 - Last edited on 16-Sep-2023 03:33:13 by Xiagax

The contents of this message have been hidden

15-Dec-2023 15:17:25

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Jared - Your post has been removed as both spam (gravebumping) and misleading & encouraging rule breaking.

The question was "Is it against the rules...?"
The answer is "Yes, it is against the rules."

Thread closed as answered and to prevent additional gravebumping
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

15-Dec-2023 16:07:51 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2023 16:10:14 by Tren

Quick find code: 14-15-3-66287088 Back to Top