Forums

Launcher Page

Quick find code: 14-15-151-66288772

Lady Jean
Oct Member 2019

Lady Jean

Posts: 50 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a veteran player of over 22 years I have seen many things in the game.. I have been using the launcher for quite some time and never noticed this until recently and I had to laugh. I know there must be a logical explanation for this but I myself have not been able to think of one .. I would like to attach a screen shot of the launcher page that opens for me.
But I cant seem to find an add attachment button etc anywhere.. I noticed where is says PEGI 16 under it it has a game message letting you know there are in game purchases, but it seems to also be saying there are Drugs and in game purchase lol.. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this and question it but thought I should put it out there .. why does it say this and please know that I am laughing my little rear end off posting this because I know there is a logical explanation ...

15-Oct-2023 17:30:05

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,129 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From the PEGI website:

Original message details are unavailable.
This game has received a PEGI 16 because it features prominent use of alcohol. Not suitable for persons under 16 years of age.

Incidentally, the description for RS (Old School's description is a bit different) goes on with this wall of text:

Original message details are unavailable.
The game also includes unrealistic fantasy violence, involving a mixture of human-like, fantasy and animal characters. When characters are struck using weapons or magic, they flinch and groan, with the amount of damage inflicted indicated by numbers. There can be some sight of blood in these scenes but no graphic injury detail. When a character's health is depleted, they usually fall to the floor and disappear, leaving behind a pile of bones or similar. Demonic characters can be caused to explode into lumps, but without realistic blood or gore effects. At one point, a demonic character holds another character by the throat, after which the screen fades. Afterwards, the character is seen being dragged along by the leg, apparently unconscious. Some locations feature sight of bodies lying on the ground. Some of these bodies are impaled and there is sight of blood on the ground beneath them. However, there is no graphic injury detail. Other locations include sight of butchered animal carcasses, with meat, organs and blood visible.

This game offers players the opportunity to purchase in-game items, in the form of coins, bonds and treasure keys, which can then be used to obtain cosmetic items and other benefits. The treasure keys can be used to unlock treasure chests, which contain random items. Some parents or carers may want to be aware of this. Parents, carers or other responsible adults should check to see what is being offered before making any purchase on behalf of a child. It should be noted that the game can still be played without the need to purchase such items.

15-Oct-2023 17:44:55 - Last edited on 15-Oct-2023 17:48:32 by DrauDaedolon

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've always assumed it's talking about potions. They're essentially the fantasy version of drugs.

As for in-game purchasing, they'll be talking about the Bond shop / Runecoin shop / Solomon's store / Treasure Hunter. They're not talking about the Grand Exchange or player-player trading.

~A~

15-Oct-2023 21:22:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Drugs" = consumables that improve your in game performances. There are plenty of alcohols and such potions in RS3 and OSRS.

In Game Purchase = the official PEGI definition of what commonly refers to as microtransaction in the video game and online entertainment industry. The full PEGI descriptions tell us about it pretty clearly already. We can pay real money to buy in game advantages in both RS3 and OSRS like gp and most in game items including BiS/endgame items like Tbow and BotLG.

I believe Jagex is required to have these PEGI labels in their games to operate them in at least UK and many EU countries by their local laws, especially with underage players whose parents have the legal right to know about the risks of their underage kids spending money to buy gp or in game items or even engage in online gambling (or gambling simulations such as dueling and staking other players, LMS etc).

16-Oct-2023 18:18:10

Quick find code: 14-15-151-66288772 Back to Top