Forums

End of Year '17 Survey - Clans

Quick find code: 135-136-85-65973890

Macka
Oct Member 2010

Macka

Posts: 4,318 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heya guys

This thread is for discussion and a rally of support for Clans within this years EOY Survey.

There are a huge group of clans that support to movement for unity and improvement/development/QoL for clans. You are not alone.

Please use this thread to express how much your clan or clans mean to you in RS.

This is a chance for Clans to be heard.

If you'd like to take the opportunity to join the interactive Clan Leader Discord discussion then please feel free to join us via here

Cheers
My physique is a product of my mindset

Macka#7877
-
Taiwanese Aussie Physique Bodybuilder

18-Dec-2017 19:52:34 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2017 21:22:18 by Macka

Lyrehca

Lyrehca

Posts: 1,855 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My clan has been a life saver for me at times - literally.

We are a small clan, the core of which is more like a 2nd family for me. If gives me a safe haven when I need to escape life for a bit and connect with others not involved in my real life issues. My friends in our clan have helped me through several difficult stages of life as well.

It's also been a place to get connect with from my clannie friends in regards to getting news on updates I've missed, advice on gearing up for PvM, and other stuff.

25-Dec-2017 16:14:17

Miraliste

Miraliste

Posts: 141 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not much I can really say, except that I'm glad I'm in a considerate clan. It makes it easier to find people to talk to as it's not so easy for me to strike up conversations with complete strangers when playing.

At least I can watch my clan chat and get to feeling comfortable with some people before I actually start chatting with them.

03-Jan-2018 20:36:07

Macka
Oct Member 2010

Macka

Posts: 4,318 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miraliste said :
Not much I can really say, except that I'm glad I'm in a considerate clan. It makes it easier to find people to talk to as it's not so easy for me to strike up conversations with complete strangers when playing.

At least I can watch my clan chat and get to feeling comfortable with some people before I actually start chatting with them.

That's great to hear, Eryll and I have very similar clan values and tastes it seems :P
My physique is a product of my mindset

Macka#7877
-
Taiwanese Aussie Physique Bodybuilder

04-Jan-2018 09:12:16

Lyrehca

Lyrehca

Macka said :
Heya guys

This thread is for discussion and a rally of support for Clans within this years EOY Survey.
There are a huge group of clans that support to movement for unity and improvement/development/QoL for clans. You are not alone.

Please use this thread to express how much your clan or clans mean to you in RS.

This is a chance for Clans to be heard.

Taken from The Year Ahead news posted today on the RSOF and News:

"It’s time to show some love to Clans. We’ve collected info from current clan members and leaders, and we’ve got prioritised areas of attack: we’re eager to make clans more versatile to manage; we want new players to be introduced to clans early, so that they can be guided to the best content; and we want clans to feel a little more competition with each other. We might even bring clans more onto the surface world.
It’s still early days, and RuneScape on Mobile comes first, but we’ll be sure to show you our designs
and sneak out some updates in advance, too."

Now would be a good time to give some input, before plans are fully developed by Jagex.

(edited for spelling)

06-Jan-2018 01:28:40 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2018 13:08:10 by Lyrehca

Lyrehca

Lyrehca

From the RuneScape - The Year Ahead Q&A (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o lccC9ACA30 1:01:45 mark)

Mod Shauny: And we want clans to feel a little more competition with each other. And this person went on to say 'From asking many clan leaders I feel this is very contentions. Can you please clarity what this means.'

Mod Osborne: Yeah, I guess the statement was a little bit confusing in that it sounds like direct competition, like we're making clan battlefields, like you know, central to how clans work or something like that, it's not, that's not the case.
It's more of a case that we want clans to feel like they have an identity and then they can also compare against each other.
They can look at so, and that might be high score work, very simple like that. But also I'm a fan of clans feel like they own a server, you know a world. Like, this is their world because they do the most work on here and like other clans could try to come in and maybe . . perhaps take over, so maybe not, that might feel a bit too contentious. But it's that kind of level. So not in direct competition, it's just that you can feel you're a part of a clan and you can feel like you can look at how others are doing in comparison.

Mod Shauny then went on to talk a little bit about the clan avatar update coming out at an undetermined date.

12-Jan-2018 01:01:36 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2018 01:04:16 by Lyrehca

Quick find code: 135-136-85-65973890 Back to Top