Forums

History of Clans

Quick find code: 135-136-318-65942507

Kwik_Sabre

Kwik_Sabre

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is a link to the earliest history of runescape clans as collected by timmyMWD
Proud to say I played back then. The stories I could tell you! Figured I would post this here for all the folks who werent around back then. Its a good read. You will see names in this record that have not been seen in many many years!

http://www.oocities.org/timmymwd/history.html

19-Aug-2017 06:51:04 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2017 06:54:43 by Kwik_Sabre

The Gud Kang

The Gud Kang

Posts: 14,154 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A very interesting read, my man. Most striking to me was how the change from the player killer/non player killer mechanic to the wilderness was viewed as apocalyptic in nature by the players of the time. As someone who really came into consciousness about the wider game during the wilderness removal/we pay to pk riots and also lived through eoc/rs3, it's funny to see how RuneScape is always "dying."

Great to learn more about the day one clans. I vaguely knew some of that from my days in the RSB/RSC communities, but it was cool to hear it from an earlier source. Someone else wrote an ebook a couple years back about the history of every aspect of the game. I didn't have time to read all of it, but its history of PvP clans was riveting. Glad I got to play a role in all that.

-Sound

20-Aug-2017 04:19:42

Quick find code: 135-136-318-65942507 Back to Top