Forums

Can't edit posts!

Quick find code: 135-136-131-66091684

Ruttie

Ruttie

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please help! I've tried to edit the post of our cc 'Infuse RS' QC: 320-321-885-66017611, but it won't allow me to edit posts anymore on the front page nor will it allow me to post anything at all! What shall I do?

25-Mar-2019 09:15:27

J4ron
Oct Member 2013

J4ron

Posts: 10,558 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looking at the thread I see no reason why you would be unable to edit any of your posts, or post anything on it. Multiple people have posted on it in the past few days.

If it happens again, maybe make a post in the 'Website & Forums' forum section, where a Jmod from the web team may be able to sort the issue out.
Owner of
All But Forgotten
NZ/Aus/USA based social clan.

25-Mar-2019 09:37:23 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2019 09:39:19 by J4ron

Ruttie

Ruttie

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@J4ron thank you for reaching out to me; I was in a hurry so I wasn't able to properly clarify beforehand.

I am able to edit posts that have been posted on this account, while I am logged onto this account; also I am able to post posts on our CC page.

However, when I log onto our CC account (Infuse RS), it won't let me do this; there's no 'edit post' button nor 'Quote this post' options and such. 05-Jun-2018 20:58:42 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2018 21:22:47 by Infuse RS is the only thing that shows at the bottom..

And finally, there is no text box at the bottom anymore that be used to post posts. Could it be because I am not the original creator of the cc account and that the CC founder (general currently inactive) is the only one that is able to edit the posts and that he created it with his own e-mail and changed it later?

25-Mar-2019 10:11:40 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2019 12:32:24 by Ruttie

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Forum posts can only be edited by the account that created the post. For example, since I created this post, my account is the only one that can edit this post. As long as you are logged in to the account that created the post, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to edit it. It doesn't matter whether you are the original owner of the account or not.

The only exception to this is JMod accounts being able to edit other players' posts.

Can you reply to this thread using the "Infuse RS" account so we can confirm you have access to that account?
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

25-Mar-2019 14:36:14

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,614 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The CC account appears to be FTP. Was it a member at the time the posts were made?

If so, that could be why it can no longer edit the posts. To be able to post on the forums, which would include editing, an account has to either have membership or a total level of 350 or higher (in either game version)
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

28-Mar-2019 23:14:46

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tren said :
The CC account appears to be FTP. Was it a member at the time the posts were made?

If so, that could be why it can no longer edit the posts. To be able to post on the forums, which would include editing, an account has to either have membership or a total level of 350 or higher (in either game version)

I forgot about this. That's likely what's causing the issue here.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

29-Mar-2019 00:32:29

Quick find code: 135-136-131-66091684 Back to Top